Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2011, 11:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Need help with listing cameras used by Aussie TV networks

G'day all.

I have decided to do a database list of all TV cameras used by Australian TV station networks as I'm interested in knowing all the different types of cameras that have been used over here. I have so far gathered up a reasonably good amount of data on what stations used what especially the major metro TV networks, however there is still big gaps and I was wondering if anyone here could help me fill any of the gaps?

I have placed my database listing on my vintage video website on this page http://www.troysvintagevideo.741.com/cameralist.html . I have pretty much strictly kept my listing to the older tube type broadcast cameras as it would take a long time to go into all the other broadcast gear like film cameras, telecines, videotape recorders, transmitters etc... I have also listed below the oddity cameras we used for experimentation and specialized non broadcast purposes. Anyways I have noticed from the info I have, Australia has pretty much imported cameras from all over the globe in the olden days such as UK brands like EMI and Marconi and PYE, German brands like Fernseh/Bosch, USA brands like RCA and AMPEX and Japanese brands like Ikegami and Hitachi and Sony, these days with CCD technology I guess all cameras around Australia are Sony's. I hope to get this database more complete and discover more different makes and models of TV cameras used in this country.