Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

OEM Replacement telescopic Antenna for Tecsun Radios

Any of you who have one of the excellent Tecsun portable radios will want to book mark this link. I have a PL880. It's telescopic antenna is chrome plated copper nice but the final section is rather fragile. This antenna is it's replacement from Tecsun. It is made out of stainless Steel and extends to a longer length then the original. It fits a number of different Tecsun Radios such as the PL660, PL880. It costs $10.99 with free shipping. I just ordered 2 of them to salt away in the parts stash.

There is a trick with new telescopic antennas. Use some Caig Deoxit, I use the 100% solution dispenced from the finger nail polish bottle. Dab a tiny amount on the base of each section it acts as a lubricant to facilitate the movement of the sections.

http://www.amazon.com/Tecsun-Stainle...ustomerReviews

Incidentently you may not know the Tecsun brand name but I'll bet you know who they build radios for, Grundig.

Last edited by transmaster; 05-13-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:44 PM
David Thomas

I bought a PL880 a couple months ago, and ordered a replacement antenna a few weeks later because I read the replacement models were longer and better made than the antennas they come with from the factory.

The replacement antenna ended up being exactly the same. Oh well, I'll just keep it for a spare.