Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Sony LCD color Watchman collection started!

After the digital change, these sets started showing up for sale in volumes... I decided it's "now or never" if I'm going to add LCD sets to my Sony small TV collection. I got all 3 of these, plus a half dozen same-model sets in lesser condition, for very reasonable prices on eBay in the past few months. As far as I know, the FDL-310 is the first color LCD Sony, unless the GV-8 (LCD with built-in 8mm VCR) came earlier. Not sure. Anyway, I have these three "mint in box with packaging" examples of the FDL-310, FDL-330, and FDL-370. The FDL-330 is a really neat set. It comes in that carrying case, and is actually a "component set" like the Sony Profeel KX series. It's a monitor, with a detachable tuner, detachable speaker, and detachable battery case. It all snaps together as a cube, or you can use the monitor by itself as a viewfinder or whatever. I'm lucky to have found it with the original case, and even the original cellophane sheet that the original owner carefully cut off the tray.

At this point, I'll try to round off the collection with a GV-8, and maybe a few of the later 8mm/LCD combo units, and the FDL-380, which I think was their last one in the Sony-built Watchman color series. I never really looked into it, so please correct me if I'm off on any of this, or if I'm overlooking a model that should be in a complete collection

Charles