Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Carburetors revived. Problem is the things known as CAFE and Eco Freaks. Fuel injection and computers won't go away as long as there is EPA. As long as there are safety Nazis in the DOT, Air Bags and ABS won't go away either. GM stalling is not new either. Remember the old 1987 Port Fuel Injected Oldsmobile Gutless Ciera S (stood for S+++). GM too often stands for FUBAR today. Eco freaks, DOT, EPA or no. Most GM I refuse to trust post RWD and simple old school tech they knew how to build. Why, until they provide me with service loaners I can actually drive. (with hand controls). I refuse to buy them. I know they will break and often. GM doesn't want my business. Case in point. 2007 GM full size van. 67,000 miles. Three automatic transmissions, two front ends. One engine. Dealership maintained on time. Driven gently. Took reading them the riot act to get them to assist with repairing it. Ford on the other hand bent over backwards to treat me well with a vehicle at that job. And their dealer ate one expensive repair. And fought with the Zone manager to make it right. I'll consider better Fords. No more GM. I'd rather have Toyota or Honda when I need it to last.

Last edited by KentTeffeteller; 05-12-2014 at 09:42 PM.