Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ikegami, Sony and other odds and ends found

I picked up a Craigslist ad for someone who was clearing out a relative's storage locker. Apparently in the early 2000's they were experimenting with video and they still had a Sony DXC-327 with the studio back, an Ikegami ITC-730A with the studio viewfinder, a sound mixing board, a Sony VO-5600 Umatic machine and a Panasonic NV-8030 time lapse VTR. He said he might still have some of the cables deeper in the locker and he would get back to me.

The Sony worked as soon as I dropped a battery into it but the video ripples like it needs a recap. The Ikegami I have absolutely nothing for (and someone stole the Anton Bauer battery mount off it) but recently someone figured out how to persuade it to output 15khz RGB and 3D printed some connectors AND I ahve a complete pinout for the connectors unlike those two Hitachi's I have. The mixing board seems to work but has AC hum and the VTR is immaculate with its manual and warranty card but I don't have any 1/2" tape to test it with. Mechanically it seems a lot more willing to work than the VO-5600 which needs a few belts.

You know, if I had the space at this point, between this and the other odds and ends in my own storage unit there should be enough now to operate a TV station.

Last edited by MIPS; 02-08-2021 at 12:07 AM.