Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Info needed on seco tube tester

I picked up a store tube tester over the weekend. I want to redo it and get it to working condition. It is a seco 1100 tester. It has the stand that holds the tubes as well. Does anyone have a schematic or other info. A schematic with parts listed would be great. Someone pulled the tube in it and the meter has the needle broken off. I have a bunch of new meters and hopefully I have one similar in ratings that will work but I would like to see the specs on the meter. I looked online but could not find any info . Its similar to the one in this photo.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

I had one of these given to me by the business that used to have it on their floor. Like yours, the needle was broken in the meter. I had other portables and this one was so bulky I never did much with it and finally gave it away.

I think it's interesting how instead of having all of the various settings that a professional model would have, they were forced to dumb it down for public use and just point you to one of the many identical sockets. Black knob; gray knob; socket number go! LOL! I would hate to have had the job of hard wiring all of those sockets when those were being produced!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

This one I have the meter pointer is broke off and the plastic cover is also gone. I have box of new meters somewhere I was going to see if I could find one with similar properties to work. I was going to use the back good/replace paper on the new meter.

I put a new porch on the back of my house so I also added a small repair room on my house. My workshop is away from the house and I use a wood stove to heat and have no real cooling other than window fans. I am going to set up the original workshop up as a vintage 50s/60s shop with all vintage tools like this. I may look for the same model with a good meter but something else bad like the sockets . Then make a good one out of the two.