Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
747jet

Fisher 100 Push Button FM Table Radio

Does anybody out there have any knowledge about the Fisher 100 Table radio I have referenced? It's kind of a strange beast, although it seems to be constructed quite well. It has a 5 push button pre-set tuning assembly (same idea as the old car radios) and a nice wood cabinet. The one I found has some problems with the pre-set tuning (I am not familiar with this repair and need some input if anyone knows) It also has a couple of other problems, of which are not too serious, I believe. I am wondering what would be a fair price to pay for this radio in the condition described. Also, if anybody knows... what would be the approximate value of this radio working and in good condition. I found a picture of the exact radio and could post it if that would be helpful. Any information or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:02 AM
The Golden Age of Hi-Fi

Actually, I have two. One in perfect working order (thanks, George!), and one non-working one I bought just for the missing gold insert in one knob. I've never torn into it, so I'm afraid I can't give you any advice on the tuning knobs.

They are very good sounding radios, well made, and nice looking. IMO, of course!

Unfortunately, they don't bring high dollars on eBay, unless working perfectly. In the condition you describe, IF the cosmetic condition is good, $20-$30 for "parts or repair". If in good working condition, and in good cosmetic condition, i.e., no problems at all: $60-$80.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

It has been over 20 years since I've seen one of those, but--IIRC--those different presets are potentiometers that control a varactor array in the front end to tune the circuits. If those pots or their corresponding switches are dirty the system won't work well at all. I used to use Tun-O-Wash (Very safe on plastics, but thanks to the Montreal Protocol now NLA ) to clean them up, followed by a preservative/lubricant. After the carrier dried I'd then do the peaking and tweaking.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:32 AM
AK Member

I have one too and it does sound good but I have a problem with vibration noise when it is pushed very hard.
I turn my wife's iPod on with a FM modulator in the house and listen to it in the shop. I don't like any of our FM stations.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:15 PM
The Golden Age of Hi-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrGo View Post
I have one too and it does sound good but I have a problem with vibration noise when it is pushed very hard...
Keep in mind, these were never designed to do duty as an amplifier. It's just a table radio. The speaker won't take too much abuse.