Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Are the two photo galleries for TVs coming over as well? - Horizontal Hold and the Vintage TV brochure galleries.

Nice expansive split from AK. I used to repair the old X-Y monitors for arcade games, so the new forums should be enjoyable.

Oh, and sponsor ads - any plans to sell advertising?

Cheers,

I'll try to answer em in order.

As of right now there is no way im aware of to transfer AK's TV gallery over here. That's not to say it won't happen just not real high on the priority list yet.

We do hope to get some sponsors on board. For now were just really trying to get the bugs out.

Grumpy
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX37 View Post
Okay, I don't have time to go over this whole thread before work, so if these questions have already been answered, I apologize:

How tightly integrated is Videokarma to Audiokarma? I like that my AK membership transferred over. But if I were to, like change my signature or avatar on Audiokarma, would it change here as well?

Why an entirely seperate forum? Was AK just getting too cluttered with offshoot forums?

Does my AK subscription give me any perks here?
In order

The sites are completely independent of each other. What you do on one is not reflected on the other.

Its a project that was always envisioned from day one of AK. Manpower was the issue holding us back.

The split should allow this site to blossom in to its own rather then being lost in the expanse that is Audiokarma.

Other then carrying over your subscriber banner here, there is no planned perks in the immediate future. If or when we go live with a subscriber section we will be sure to let everyone know.

Grumpy
Old 09-14-2009, 05:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ah, I could have two different signatures? One for here and one for AK?

Hmmmmmm.....
Old 09-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Admin

Sure can. The two sites are not tied together in any way.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Lost in the Supermarket

Thumbs up

Wow this site has been up for over a week and I didn't even know about it! Nice job Grumpy and company and good luck.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If you remember the title (or some words) from your thread, you can google search for it, and click on the link and it will still work. That is how I found the thread on the metal cabinet 50s GE sets I was working on: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=240074
and my thread asking about remote controls in radios: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...35#post2984235

This was a surprise to me, but despite the loss of a few threads, I think having a separate tv board was a great idea, and I like having the tv classifieds back the way they used to be.
This doesn't appear to work any more. The threads still show up in a google search, but when I try to view them, I'm asked for a password even though I'm logged in. It appears to want an administrator password, or something.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Mark

Yeah Andy, I get that too......
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26
Old 11-02-2009, 08:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just like AK, VK sure looks like the start of something good!

Although I am not able to pursue vintage Televisions due to lack of time and (God help me) space, I do enjoy reading about what others are doing with them. As the worlds of Audio and video continue to merge, even for us old vintage two-channel guys, there are some common interests and occasional questions.

Right now I am in the planning stages of switching from Comcast cable to Satellite based HD TV / streaming satellite "radio" and installing an entirely new structured wiring system in my home to support it. I have a few questions but I don't see a satellite TV forum on VK. Is there any interest in that subject on VK?

Secondly, I understand that there are no special privileges for subscribers at this time but I am more than willing to support the cause and help to pay my way anyway. Is there or will there be a way to do so in the near future?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM
VK Member

thanks grumpy
i see most people are into tv, what about 16mm and sound systems
Old 08-28-2014, 04:09 PM

Warwick Electronics

Hi, my name is Jerry and just decided to google Warwick electronics after seeing a radio listed from that manufacture. Well it sent me here and there is a rather lengthy thread about the history. I thought I might be able to add a little that was not indicated in it. Namely location of facilities. I'm certain this is in the wrong location to post it perhaps the moderators can move it? Sorry.
Here we go, I started working for Warwick electronics in 1963 and for three years. The location of the facility was in the San Fernando Valley in So. Ca. At that time they were manufacturing two TVs for Sears, a 19" (I believe) "portable" and a larger (for consoles) color chassis. They also manufactured Thomas Organs and VOX guitar amps. Over that time period I worked on all of them. Working nights while in school and day time during the summer.
I thought I would add this to the information as no one seemed to recognize this as another manufacturing facilities.
I hope this adds a little bit of some of the later history of Warwick to he forum.
Best, Jerry
Audiokarma