Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

My '69 sedan was/is about the ONLY car I ever had, that I could put the driver's seat all the way back, & STILL be PLENTY comfortable in the back seat. Detroit DOES NOT make cars for "Large, Economy Sized" folks anymore.. Another thing, the true mileage on my'69 is unknown, likely "Gone around the Rosey" at least once, yet it is A LOT "Tighter" than my '73 Fleetwood Brougham, which has been in my family since brand-new, only has 35K actual miles on it, but I've ALWAYS felt like EVERY bolt/screw/fastener in the entire car would benefit GREATLY to be given a couple more turns of a wrench, to be REALLY "Tightened Up". The workmanship on the Caddy is yr typical "Close Enuf for Gov't work", but my Lincoln seems like it was screwed together a LOT better. Plus, it can run away & hide from the Caddy, which is burdened TERRIBLY from the primitive pollution abatement junk they used then.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:19 PM
Stuck in the past!

I turn 40 next month. I've been interested in these ever since my dad had his 77 in 88. I was around 12 then. This is my 4th car. Had a 78, a 79 and a 76. I like the 60's cars as well but no expirience with them. Anything before 1980. The mark VI is just too dam small for me.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac.attack76 View Post
It's home
drove it most of the day yesterday and didn't get home till around 7:30. Amazingly, the lights are still closed after 14 hours.
Nice ride ! I like that color too !

Old 12-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Stuck in the past!

Right now, I've been timing the headlights to see how long they'll stay closed and so far, it's been 20 hours since I last ran it. First time I've had any that worked. They tell me the switch was bad in my white 76 I had. They would close but I could turn on the lights and they would stay closed. As for being left off, they would only stay closed maybe an hour. I had that car for 2 years and it hit 96,000 miles the day I sold it. This blue car only has 53,000. Can't even hear it run when I'm parked. I'll never forget what my late mom said to me one day a couple years ago when I was talking about these. She said "You don't like anything new do you?" And I said "Nope!" Never really have cared for today's stuff. We don't make anything like we used to. I've got a 1984 Whirlpool refrigerator that I found on craigslist. Only problem I've had with it is the fan is a little flaky in the back of the freezer. I'll eventually order a new fan. I have a 2005 stainless steel Whirlpool but that's only because I was driving one day and it was sitting at the curb. Guy said it just quit on him. Took it home and found out it really didn't "quit". The fan blades slid off the shaft and was lying on the bottom. Been running ever since. Going on a year now. My bottom line: Older is better.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:12 AM
Stuck in the past!

43 hours and the lights are still closed. I was reading an old post in the car forum about how your lucky if they're still closed after 18 hours. Some stay closed for around 5 days and there's one that stayed closed for approx, 8 weeks which he said must have been an anomaly since it was in dry storage all its life.
Audiokarma