Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Runco Model CL-510 HD Home Theater Projector

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a Runco HD Home Theater Projector Model CL-510 which didn't have its original remote, but rather a Universal Remote Control Co. Model MX-850 universal remote that has to be programmed through special computer software and a special Stereo 3.5mm jack to DB-9 Serial port cable.

Unfortunately the MX-850 remote's batteries were allowed to go dead, which then caused the programmed codes for the aforementioned projector to be lost/corrupted.

I have downloaded the special MX-Editor software that is used to program the remote and I can get the remote to link up with the software but then when I try to reprogram the remote by erasing the corrupted codes and install a fresh programming base so I can reprogram the projector's codes into the remote, the software gives me the following error message:

"Invalid Answer-Error: Unknown Protocol. [DLTR-6]"

I have tried searching the internet for this error message as associated with programming the MX-850 Universal Remote, and I come up empty handed except for a few old archived posts on an old remotes.com forum that discuss all sorts of programming issues for this remote except the issue I'm having.

Anyone here have any experience with these remotes and programming them and if so I would appreciate any help you could offer.

I would really like to try and get this DLP HD Home Theater Projector Up and Running if Possible.

Thanks!

P. S. I did try searching on feebay for the factory original remote for this projector and all I could find was remotes for other projectors by Runco but not the model I have from them.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 02-06-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

Nobody has any information on how to get my remote going for my projector?
Or any leads on a factory original remote for my projector?

Like I said I already looked on ebay and they had several projecotrs like mine that had the original remote with it for sale, but no one had just the remote for sale.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:59 AM
Looking For Time

Can you upload the program out of the remote? Are you using CCP editor, or the stand alone MX-850 editor?
Old 02-06-2021, 08:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts1134 View Post
Can you upload the program out of the remote? Are you using CCP editor, or the stand alone MX-850 editor?
I'm using the stand alone MX-850 Editor, because that's all I could find a reference to online and all I could locate in various internet archives.

I don't even know what a CCP Editor is, because this is my first time dealing with one of these types of remotes.

No, I cannot get it to upload anything out of the remote, program wise, when I hit the "upload" function on the MX-850 editor all it does is connect to the remote and show a progress bar that just stays at 0% for 5 or 10 minutes and then just pops up an error message.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 02-06-2021 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Will this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUNCO-CL710...sAAOSwX4FdC-n2

jr
Audiokarma
Old 02-06-2021, 12:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
I saw that remote but I wasn't sure if that would work or not because my CL-510 is video inputs only, it doesn't have the built in tuner, it has a hookup for an optional tuner accessory but the previous owners didn't get that feature. I could try that remote, and see what happens.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:04 AM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

I'd try to hunt down a factory Runco remote for your model, wise to have it.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentTeffeteller View Post
I'd try to hunt down a factory Runco remote for your model, wise to have it.
I've been working on that, but it seems that the remote for the CL-510 projector is not very common because I've found the remote for every Runco model except the CL-510. Which is bizarre.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
I've been working on that, but it seems that the remote for the CL-510 projector is not very common because I've found the remote for every Runco model except the CL-510. Which is bizarre.

Update I just found and ordered on ebay the factory remote for this projector.