Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2017, 10:49 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
They REALLY think I'm blowin' Smoke up their behinds when I tell 'em that my RCA AR-60 was $495 in 1935,when you could buy a new Ford V-8 that year for $650. Or that my Rohde & Schwarz EK-07 cost the German Gov't some $6000 in the mid Sixties... I'll tell 'em they can HAVE the EK, but they gotta move it by themselves, no help allowed.At its 150 LBS, & the fact its on the bottom rung of a shelving unit, nobody has ever seriously TRIED to move it. I Picked it up solo when I 1st got & I saw moons, stars, planets, & damn near dropped it, I've NEVER done THAT again..
If I ever end up in your neck of the woods you gotta remember NOT to try that stunt with me....At least if you wanna keep your EK. I've had 2 Sony widescreen CRT sets (a 30"@148LBS and a 34"@208LBS) in the last year, and was able to move both on my own....The 'little one' I could lift and move anywhere by myself except stairs narrower than the front of the set (most stairs)....Must have walked 150' with it without issue. The big one I was able to lift from floor to the top of the poor unfortunate 1971 Zenith console that has become it's stand. I can walk (in Dr. Strangelove German accent: Mine fuhrer I can vwalk!) with the big one if it is at ~chest height before I pick it up...Otherwise I need some unfortunate object to rest it on soz I can readjust my posture/purchase. I was able to do all that without seein' the lucky charms cereal mellers spinnin' round me.

The active TV collector fitness regiment: If it does not kill/injure you, it WILL make you STRONGER.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 10-09-2017 at 10:54 AM.