Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Clearing out building

I am clearing out my building. I have many RCA parts from the late 60's to 2000. All are labeled in bags starting with the first 2 numbers. IE: 10------, 11----.up to 22----. There are VCR heads, belts,VCR parts and idlers, VCR cable extensions, TV chassis repair kits for RCA and NAP.
tuners, transformers, knobs, capacitors, you name it, it is there. Zenith parts also but limited to the solid state chassis. Too much to list. I also have ECG transistors & zeners I do not want to just throw this collection in the landfill but if not gone by Nov 1, 2017, the landfill it is. I also gave a huge microfishe reader and microfishe schematics for RCA, NAP, GE and assorted models.

I will give this stuff away for the price of a good dinner. ($100.00)

I will not ship; it is pick up only. You will not be disappointed. There are thousands of $$$ in parts and equipment.

Text to 352 four zero zero nine seven nine six
Old 12-31-2017, 08:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Leased a 20 yard dumpster. I threw everything into it. i do not own a transistor. All I have left are flameproof resistors and zener diodes.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

wow , this is the first i heard about this ,to bad you refused to ship probably, would have bought a lot of items off of you , pictures says a thousand words . ill bet others would bought some stuff to , but you have show what you have .
Old 01-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Bullies beware.

The eco-freaks will be mighty proud, I'm sure this is one of their biggest victories.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:40 PM
M is for Memory

If I still lived down there I'd have probably bought it, and if shipping were an option and I had more info or better yet pictures I'd have probably bought something....Ain't worth making a 3 day drive for a paragraph of text that does not give me any idea of how much of it is stuff I'd want to save...

Kind of a shame...Any tube era parts are the things I refuse to throw out.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma
Old 01-01-2018, 09:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

While it takes nearly a lifetime to amass a collection, too often I see cases where a person (or their heirs) tries to sell/donate it all in one fell swoop. Sadly, it almost never works that way. The collection was built piece-by-piece, and it most often will need to be sold that way.

It's just not realistic to expect someone to just buy or even take an entire collection as-is. What's worse is when the offer is poorly marketed, given a 10-day deadline, and other constraints imposed such as no shipping.

I know that a variety of circumstances can require rapid disposal of a collection, and then it becomes a true burden for a person or their heirs to deal with.

It's something for all of us to think about.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
I know that a variety of circumstances can require rapid disposal of a collection, and then it becomes a true burden for a person or their heirs to deal with.

It's something for all of us to think about.
This should definitely be something on everyone's mind. If, God forbid, something happened to me tomorrow...there is no single person that could take it all, not even just the tubes/parts/"stuff". There was an excellent article recently in the MAARC newsletter Radio Age which touched on the struggles the club has had disposing of the collections of various deceased hobbyists.

I feel for the original poster; the real problem here is, how many people are there within a reasonable driving distance who also have room to store everything they'd be buying? On many occasions I've had to part-out sets, or sell them to fishtankers, or otherwise junk stuff because nobody is willing to drive out to my house...and in many cases I've offered to give the stuff away. I don't know how many sets of Photofacts I've dumped in the county recycle bin.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

I did not receive one text from this forum asking the first question. The first post said it all. If anyone was looking for an inventory list, it was not going to happen. Shipping was out of the question; too much effort. I sold some cabinets and drawer sets on Craig's List. This was not the first time I put items on this forum. The response was minimal. I waited until Nov 13th before getting a dumpster. All parts were bagged and marked in order. The building had to be emptied so this was the only option. Sorry.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's a shame, but results are proportional to effort put into it. Whether circumstances prevent you from being able to put the effort into marketing your items, or you simply don't want to put the effort in, that's how it goes.

Sorry to sound callous, but that's the way it is. As I've said, way too often, too many people think that they can just dispose of this stuff in a flash, but others are not going to come flocking to it, especially without having a sense of what it is. A great deal of effort goes into building a collection, and it will take at least that much effort to return it into circulation amongst people who care about it.

It's a real quandary to deal with it, and that's why it is prudent to consider in advance what can be done with items when they are no longer wanted/needed.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Several pictures would have given people an idea of what you had and if it would have been worthwhile to make the trip. That wouldn't have taken much effort at all, and may have made everyone happy.

C'est la vie.

Audiokarma
Old 01-02-2018, 01:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

im glad my wife and family know the value of my tools / machine tools /test equipment and parts are worth ,my sons and son in law will keep things just because its there hobby interest too ,i have metal turning lathes ,drill press , valve grinding machine /60 yrs between me and my dad worth of tools ,we worked for G.M. for many yrs , and i started my own auto and rv repair business in 1990 and had to retire for health reasons in 2009 ,i started collecting tv's and radios because i enjoy vacuum tube electronics, and iv have a good investment in test equipment and parts in this now , just hate to see good usable parts hit landfill for no reason i guess ,its best to plan what your family who don't know what things have costed you over the yrs, at least to know the value of it is so they can make a educated decision of what to do with it . just venting a little....
Old 01-02-2018, 05:53 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Another idea is to keep a flash drive current with your inventory and special instructions on items if any, and label it "MY CRAP WILL" Complete with logon info for your visited sites in case fellow users need to be alerted by your next of kin..
Seen too many shops end up in the landfill because someone DIDNT KNOW...

SR
Old 01-02-2018, 07:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post
Another idea is to keep a flash drive current with your inventory and special instructions on items if any, and label it "MY CRAP WILL" Complete with logon info for your visited sites in case fellow users need to be alerted by your next of kin..
Seen too many shops end up in the landfill because someone DIDNT KNOW...

SR

I completely agree.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If I still lived down there I'd have probably bought it, and if shipping were an option and I had more info or better yet pictures I'd have probably bought something....Ain't worth making a 3 day drive for a paragraph of text that does not give me any idea of how much of it is stuff I'd want to save...

Kind of a shame...Any tube era parts are the things I refuse to throw out.

ESRC 1 is in Florida. They probably would've bought the stuff.
I looked some of the earlier entries by this poster! The items that they had for sale wasn't exactly cheap or free, for that matter, plus they were more than willing to ship.
Someone's leg is being pulled.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:43 PM
M is for Memory

I've been to ESRC (Florida Antique Wireless Group held all it's swapmeets there), and it seemed that they (at least ~1 decade ago when I last was there) did not buy parts lots unless there were tubes in the mix...There were often garage sized lots of new unsorted tubes and only maybe %10 non-tube parts....Back then you could buy a box of flybacks cheap....I passed a couple of times on such a chance because I was JUST getting into TVs with in a year or two of moving north (near the end of my time there).

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Audiokarma