Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:31 AM
TheUniversalDave1

This machine has bad electrolytic capacitors in the switching power supply. If you use this frequently, the capacitors will degrade and the picture will become unstable. Eventually the machine will not power up. I have several Panasonics from this time period with that problem.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
This machine has bad electrolytic capacitors in the switching power supply. If you use this frequently, the capacitors will degrade and the picture will become unstable. Eventually the machine will not power up. I have several Panasonics from this time period with that problem.
Interestingly enough I don't think this unit has a switching power supply, I think it has a cold chassis non-switching power supply because its not the usual removeable switching power supply like I've seen in other Panasonics from the same time period...
Old 03-28-2016, 12:54 PM
blast, blast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Interestingly enough I don't think this unit has a switching power supply, I think it has a cold chassis non-switching power supply because its not the usual removeable switching power supply like I've seen in other Panasonics from the same time period...
Even though it may not be the rectangular removeable power supply utilized in later models I believe it is one of the early SM power supplies. I'm surprised it doesn't need capacitors. Maybe they've already been replaced. On any event, have fun with it!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
Even though it may not be the rectangular removeable power supply utilized in later models I believe it is one of the early SM power supplies. I'm surprised it doesn't need capacitors. Maybe they've already been replaced. On any event, have fun with it!
Thanks, I have been having fun with it, its interesting watching period movies on it because it definitely has the stereotypical "1980s" VCR look to it when its playing tapes.