Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-29-2021, 05:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another newbie

Thought I'd be polite and post an intro to myself. I'm not much of a TV collector but I found VK while searching for info on a Singer TV6U I just bought. (It doesn't work, don't know the technical terms but the picture doesn't fill the screen width; sound changes with the channels, not sure if that means anything.) It's probably the coolest looking little set I have in my display cabinet.

I've got that Singer, a Sony KV 5200 which also does not work - for one thing the first channel selector button is lit but it won't let me choose any other channels. Maybe someone has some thoughts on that... I've got a Symphonic Minni TV which seems to work, two Panasonic Travelvisions, a Sanyo that's somewhat bigger and has am/fm and an LCD clock; a Broksonic which is similar but has no clock but does have SW radio band; a Mustang in-dash car stereo with a built-in CRT TV set - what was the last time you saw a car stereo with a vertical hold knob on it? - oh and a GE PortaColor which my folks got new in 1966 when I was in 5th grade. Note, the Broksonic appears to be a model that was sold by several other brands with nothing more than a name change.

I'm really tight on space - I've only got one display cabinet and basically it contains every cool thing I ever had in my life, or wanted as a kid but didn't have. The Porta Color is in my closet and the KV5200 is still on a shelf. I need a 2nd display case which will fit in my office so I can display more stuff, since this is only MY house so I have to display my stuff all in my own office, noplace else.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:14 AM
I like....big sparks!!

Welcome to VK! Looks like you're gonna fit right in

Ham shack...AM side: Knight-Kit T-60, RME-45
Vintage SSB side: National 200
Modern SSB: Kenwood TS-180S
MFJ tuner, 130' dipole
Old 11-30-2021, 09:49 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

Welcome!