Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2011, 01:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

Lots of Tabletops and Portables Available

I visited a gentleman who has had a life-long habit of restoring old radios. In his garage he had a couple of 1920's sets on the bench and a beautifully-restored Movie Dial on the floor. But he also has shelves full of tabletops and portables, 1930's to 1950's which he wants to sell. The downside is that they all work, and I understand that in the upside-down universe of antique radio, that folks prefer to buy broken radios. Nevertheless, even though these sets are cleaned and repaired, they could benefit from a more definitive restoration.

If there's no objection, I'll put these in the classified section if people have any interest in them.
I posted two composite photos showing about half of his collection:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

The dates listed are by the owner, but they seem to be accurate. I did the best I could in finding model numbers. Please let me know if you're interested in any specific radios. The next time I visit the owner I'll get good front and back photos of those specific radios and post them in classified with better descriptions and his prices. There won't be any bidding (this ain't eBay), but he might relist some unsold sets later at lower prices.

I'm afraid that this won't be a fast process, so be patient. Although this is a VideoKarma exclusive, he may sell sets locally before I get to list them. Also, please understand that I'm only an intermediary for the seller and that, "I will not seek, nor will I accept..." any remuneration.

I think he has about 30 more to sell, and I'll catalog them as soon as I can.

CHANGE OF PLANS: Due to an overwhelming lack of interest in these radios, I won't be posting any more of them. I'll also kill the link to the photos I already posted.
But if you're ever in Southwestern Idaho, stop by for a cup of coffee and a potato. And if Jack's home, then we might be able to visit his collection.
Cheers,
Winky

Last edited by Winky Dink; 02-14-2011 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Change of plans due to lack of interest.