Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK1234Tfan View Post
Ya I'll go with what you say. The only downfall with the CR-7000 I've noticed is that if there is no cutoff you can't proceed with the emission test. Unless there is a way I don't know of. Now that we know goldstar makes the set do I not look for schematics for Montgomery Ward anymore and start looking for goldstar schematics and info?
I can't find any information under GoldStar either.
There might a chassis number on the side of the heatsink around the flyback.
Also check the back edge of the pc board. Two letters, two numbers and maybe a suffix number.
The Sams index shows chassis numbers.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Cleaning the pot isnt hard, provided you can get to it okay. There will be something of an opening in it, generally a little bit where the wire connections are and often a small place opposite that on the back. The aerosol cleaners are good at getting into tight spots so just stick the straw from whatever electronic spray you have and give it a good bath, then crank the knob back and forth a bunch of times. Let it sit for a few hours (unless your cleaner is particularly fast drying, check the label) then give it a try. Sometimes you can even get by with just cranking the knob back and forth rapidly, without any cleaner, and that will clean it enough.

Agreed, this is probably a Gold Star built set, nowadays known as LG.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

I could go out there and look though every sams folder form 85 but its really hit and miss. Better to see if there is a chassis number on the board or maybe on the transistor chart paper.

It may require removing something to spray the pot but you should be able to get the straw up in where the leads come out. Sometimes there is a little hole stamped in the back that you can spray into too.
I serioulsy doubt you need to replace it. Keep us posted with any new numbers you find also post a pix of the transistor chart.