Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2003, 09:59 PM
AK Member

Listen to Gino, just wipe it down, dont put any polish on it. Putting the wrong thing on some finishes can ruin them. I've seen it, its not pretty. If you are selling it for someone to restore they will do it themselves (and would probably prefer to.)

Also, be careful. Some of the old tube stuff (especially consoles and radios) have live voltage to the chassis.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:24 AM
Night Wolf

ahhh the thread got moved, I was going to put it in here, but since pretty much nobody ever goes to this room, I figured I wouldn't. Oh well

yeah today I will wipe it down and then see, I would love to sell it but the shipping thing is still bothering me. it would have to be put on a creat and shipping by a big trucking place or something. I dunno. Any ideas on the shipping thing?
Old 03-18-2003, 06:25 AM
THOR

Don't worry about shipping let the buyer decide how he wants to do it and he will tell you exactly how to pack and ship it cuz only a serious collector or restorer would buy it.
Old 03-18-2003, 06:32 AM
Once Ran Amok in Kent

That 'thing' hanging down on the right looks to be the turntable motor.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Night Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by EchoWars
That 'thing' hanging down on the right looks to be the turntable motor.
you know, I think you are right. I'll have to take a look at that.

Thor, I understand what your saying, but I would personally still have to pack it up and bring it to a shipping depot.

I dunno. what do you guys think I should do? wipe it downa nd ebay it? would it really be worth much? it's just the shipping thing keeps haunting me....
Audiokarma
Old 03-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Admin

Ebay it for pickup only. if that does not work gut the shit outta it and sell all the componets seperately. There are also companies that will come to your house to pick the item up and they will crate and ship the whole thing. Course your looking at about 250.00 for such a service.

Grumpy
Old 03-18-2003, 03:23 PM
On Land

sell or keep?!

That will be a gorgeous set once you clean it and get some Pledge on it!

If you don't see the tubes, then someone pulled them out. As far as the FM dial, i think it was common for European sets not to reach 108 mhz up until a certain year.

If most of the tubes are missing, it could cost quite a bit to get replacements depending on what it needs. If there aren't too many missing, it might not cost too much.

Looking in the paperwork that came with it, do you see a list of the tubes for it? They would probably be numbers like EM34 (i think that is the tuning eye tube) or EL84, ECH81, ECC85.

Being in the NY area, you might do well just listing it as a pick-up item only. Or you can state on Ebay that the buyer must make arrangments to have it picked up for shipment.

Looks like it's complete (other than the tubes). If you like it, keep it! Even if you don't get it to play, it will definately display nicely!

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:29 PM
On Land

You said there was a schematic... the tubes it needs should be there.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:16 PM
zakezuke

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Wolf
the right side.... what is that thing all the way to the right? is that part of this?

I am sure if I was to sell it, someone would love to resotre this, as cosmetically it is in pretty good shape (missing that one knob though) but the shipping thing would become a problem.

Anybody have any ideas or anything to say?

LF- 400- 150khz = "long wave" not shortwave [low frequency]

Broadcast- 1610-510 khz AM radio medium wave

I believe 1615Khz-30Mhz is short wave, just above your typical AM and a bit below your FM dial.

18,7-5,8mhz I'm not sure on these numbers to be honest.

1800khz -2000khz would be the 160meter HAM band
7000 to 7300 kHz is also another HAM band
5000 kHz is WWVH Kauai HI, Time and solar flare info if i'm remembering correctly.

Too bad it's not working.... with the right antena you can pull transmisions from cross the ocean with such a unit. My only experence with such units was an old HAM tranciever set lent to me when I was a kid, also tube based. I primarly used it to re-broadcast music for my walkman as I went to school.