Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK, back on this TV after a trip, company, and honey-dos.

I'm recapping the "backside" of the chassis and there is 1 couplate. In the process of recapping, I puled the couplate and measured the pins. I measured between 2 and 3 and get 1.13M and pins 1 and 2 and get 5798pf. The cap should be 5000pf. Only a difference of @16%. But the resistor should read 1M. A 13% difference. Looks like it is already out of tolerance. I'm assuming 10% like most of the resistors used.

I'm including a picture of the schematis of where it fits into the circuit along with a close-up of the internal schematic of the couplate. My question is what kind of caps are used in these things? I just might try and build a replacement.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigott View Post

I'm recapping the "backside" of the chassis and there is 1 couplate. In the process of recapping, I puled the couplate and measured the pins. I measured between 2 and 3 and get 1.13M and pins 1 and 2 and get 5798pf. The cap should be 5000pf. Only a difference of @16%. But the resistor should read 1M. A 13% difference. Looks like it is already out of tolerance. I'm assuming 10% like most of the resistors used.

I'm including a picture of the schematis of where it fits into the circuit along with a close-up of the internal schematic of the couplate. My question is what kind of caps are used in these things? I just might try and build a replacement.
I just left mine alone, as it just couples a pulse for vertical retrace blanking to the CRT, I suspect that that it does not contain close tolerance parts. My blanking is fine. I'm guessing that ceramic caps and 10-20% resistors would be appropriate.

jr