Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Tube bug got me 05/2010

Sooo. a Hallicrafters 815 followed me home...

Argh... the sickness... it's getting worse :P
(Since I've last been around here I sadly had to sell my Fleetwood console TV; it was simply too large and bulky to take with me ... I guess this is an attempt to fill the hole in my heart? )

This followed me home for a song and a taxi ride (because there was no way I was gonna carry that to and from relevant public transit) No power cord, which means nobody's plugged it in to try it out. Cabinet is pretty beat up, but inside looks to be in pretty good shape and had an easy life. All the tubes are there, no melted flyback or scorch marks on the underside of the chassis, and no critters have made it a home. Minor chassis corrosion, and I don't see any signs of large-scale butchery on the circuitry.

Step 1... Get some service info. Any leads? Looks to be a Hallicrafters 815-A5. Quick google points to a SAMs and not much else, but I will admit it was cursory and not in depth yet.

Initial pictures - note the revision stamps on the tube chart where they've opted to make the whole set a 6v one...