Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

IVC 870 1" insert editor resurrection

My IVC 870 has been sitting since about 1990.

I decided I better get it out and see if it works, and try to back up my only two tapes for it (besides the alignment tape).

Seems like now I recall why it was shelved. The take-up tension arm is not functioning and the reel does not stop when the tape goes slack/ends. This can damage/break tapes. Fortunately I know better than to just throw a tape on and go. I need to find the couple boxes of videotape on 8" reels around here so I can load something on there that isn't precious for working on it.

I'd be grateful to know if anyone else has worked on the 800 series IVC VTRs/players. Maybe someone can suggest/confirm/deny what I'm looking at here in these images.
Bottom view:

Close up of same is below, see the microswitch is not tripped by the metal arm. That's the tape tension arm and the switch is the end of tape switch, as far as I can understand.

Something is missing? Maybe the little metal 'trigger' of the microswitch itself? Yow that is going to be a chore if so. Can anyone look at their 800 series IVC and let me know what it's supposed to look like in there?

The tapes are a a recording I made of a show called "Subversion and Debauchery" which was performed on May 3, 1987, at the Prophet Bar, in Deep Ellum, by a performance art group called Recent Civilization. Each tape is about 40 minutes. I used to shoot vid for that group quite a lot, Mostly on Betamax then on VHS. This is the only 1" shoot, has good audio, and was done with a prototype CCD camera instead of the vidicon type (1987!!). - important to preserve this material.

No Kowtow

Last edited by Opcom; 02-17-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

error..

No Kowtow

Last edited by Opcom; 02-17-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: second post was an accident