Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-28-2019, 08:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubis7 View Post
Okay, I traced the two ends of L34 and haven't had any luck. Everything has continuity so far. Any other direction?
Luck with what? What has continuity? Are you getting B+ when the set is on?
Old 10-28-2019, 09:10 PM
Alchemizes cash to tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
Luck with what? What has continuity? Are you getting B+ when the set is on?
Sorry, should've been clearer. In tracing the line between L34 and the associated 100uF cap, there are no visible fuses and everything has continuity. All the diodes test good, and I run continuity tests on all the wires to see if one of them was meant to work as a fuse. If they are, then none are broken.

Right now the cord is locked into the back of the cabinet, so I haven't been able to run any tests to see where the B+ breakdown is. I'm going to guess I don't, though, since there's no life beyond the filament string. My next step is going to be freeing that cord so I can start doing voltage checks with the set on.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubis7 View Post
Sorry, should've been clearer. In tracing the line between L34 and the associated 100uF cap, there are no visible fuses and everything has continuity. All the diodes test good, and I run continuity tests on all the wires to see if one of them was meant to work as a fuse. If they are, then none are broken.

Right now the cord is locked into the back of the cabinet, so I haven't been able to run any tests to see where the B+ breakdown is. I'm going to guess I don't, though, since there's no life beyond the filament string. My next step is going to be freeing that cord so I can start doing voltage checks with the set on.
The power cord interlock connector is held by a "C" clip, easy to remove. It's the earlier PortaColor chassis.
IIRC, The set has two power supplies, one half wave 140 volt source and one 240 volt, voltage doubler source. It has three power supply diodes and maybe two wire-wound resistors. The power supply is near the HV enclosure and there should be a fuse nearby, as well.