Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2018, 02:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Rca 8ts30

Hi everyone,
I hope I'm not breaking any unwritten rule by posting my question here as well as the Antique Radio Forum. No disrespect intended to the helpful members there. I'm only hoping to have more eyes look at my problem to help me solve it.
Alright, so here goes. The television had a dry rotted power cord, so I only tested the low voltage power supply after getting a new one and having replaced many resistors as well as all capacitors minus the micas. The power resistors in the bleeder network were replaced, but the candohm checked out fine, so I left it. The secondary transformer's center tap voltage measured at pins 4 and 6 of the removed 5U4G tubes was only 196 volts, when it should have been about 320 volts. I don't have proper voltage at the primary winding. Prior to turning the set on, I have 120 volts at the .01 uF safety caps, the terminal strip that connects the safety caps line to the on/off switch line, and the on/off switch. When I turn the set on the safety caps voltage drops to 62 volts, the terminal strip drops to zero along with the on/off switch. I have 62 volts at the primary winding. I've spryed Deoxit in the on/off switch, and exercised it. Its resistance readings are correct (infinite when off and about zero when on). By the way, there are quite a few caps and resistors that I changed in the volume control circuit attached to the on/off switch. That corner of the set is a jungle of components jammed into a very tight space. Could the problem lie in there? I'd appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks,
Mike

http://www.earlytelevision.org/pdf/r...-rider-tv2.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2637.JPG (31.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2632-2.JPG (27.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2636-2.JPG (44.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2634-2.JPG (41.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2629-2.JPG (28.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Espo; 07-08-2018 at 03:23 PM.