Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Panasonic TC-P55ST50 Placement

Hey guys, new to the forum and glad to be here. I have recently picked up a Panasonic TC-P55ST50 55" Plasma TV and am absolutely loving it's picture quality. To me it's the best picture I've seen without going up to $3-4K sets. Anyways, I have a question regarding proper placement. I had to shoehorn the TV into a tiny room of 10' x 10' and the only place to put the TV was against the wall with a window directly behind it. I don't watch much TV during the day since I'm always at work, so overheating while the TV is on is not really a concern of mine. What does concern me is the possibility of damage from sunlight on the rear of the TV.

Does anyone know if a window facing the rear of my TV will harm it's picture and/or performance? There is no glare on the front, but I'm pretty nervous about leaving it there. Putting up drapes isn't an option as I will be moving within a month. Please shed some light on this subject for me so I can rest easy.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenZ View Post
I will be moving within a month.
Cheers,
Steven
If it's going to be that way for just a month, I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you live in Arizona and/or the window faces west, then it might get hot. Permanently like that, I'd be concerned about the sun's UV damaging insulation on cables and even the plastic rear case of the TV, but not within a month's time.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks Ed! I may throw up some aluminum foil on the windows tonight just to be safe. Haha I know it's trashy but I think it'll do the trick and ease my mind quite a bit. Plus it's easy to take down when I move.

-Steven
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

I'd probably be more concerned about a smash and grab robbery! Hopefully you are on a 2nd story or that window is secluded.