Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2021, 02:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

HDMI trouble slim fit hdtv

https://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-tx-s3082wh/
Cannot get HDMI to work with ps3 and my other inputs aren’t working
Got it used free and cannot move it as it’s too heavy so it’s stuck in bedroom .
Anyway around this ?

HDMI works with roku and Blu-ray player oddly enough...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2021, 04:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Connect the PS3 to another TV and check the video settings - Set it to auto or 1080i - Your Samsung TV won't do 1080p and the PS3 won't change setting automatically if it was last used on a 1080p TV.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ido View Post
Connect the PS3 to another TV and check the video settings - Set it to auto or 1080i - Your Samsung TV won't do 1080p and the PS3 won't change setting automatically if it was last used on a 1080p TV.
I’ll give it a shot totally didn’t think of that , just figured the hdmi was a different spec . But ps3 is not much older then the tv or around same year ?
Old 01-28-2021, 06:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

The PS3 has always had compatibility issues with some TVs. Back when the PS3 was still current and I was selling a lot of used LCD and Plasma TVs I'd often get call backs from people who couldn't get it working. Most of the time it is because it the PS3 was stuck in 1080p and won't automatically switch down to 1080i or 720p when connected to an older TV that doesn't do 1080p.

The solution was to either reset the PS3 to default (hold a button on power up, don't remember exactly) or temporarily connect it to another TV, go into the display settings and select either 1080i or 480p depending on the TV.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ido View Post
The PS3 has always had compatibility issues with some TVs. Back when the PS3 was still current and I was selling a lot of used LCD and Plasma TVs I'd often get call backs from people who couldn't get it working. Most of the time it is because it the PS3 was stuck in 1080p and won't automatically switch down to 1080i or 720p when connected to an older TV that doesn't do 1080p.

The solution was to either reset the PS3 to default (hold a button on power up, don't remember exactly) or temporarily connect it to another TV, go into the display settings and select either 1080i or 480p depending on the TV.
Wow it works now , so 1080i wasn’t going to show up when it’s set at default 1080p....
amazing picture quality shame it’s so heavy..
Audiokarma