Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

I bought a Funai and I love it!

Black Friday Sams Club had a 75" Funai made Philips TV on sale for $599, Android powered. I was skeptical but pulled the trigger and picked up the 2 year extended warranty for another $89.

This TV has blown me away! The Android OS is fast and extremely powerful, the picture quality is excellent and I really like this set. I know Funai gets a lot of negative commentary around here, but every once in a while they get one right!

Now the backlighting on dark scenes isn't the best, I can see where every LED is but I can live with it considering the price point and all the other positive attributes of this set.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:11 PM
The Resident Brony

Cool.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:59 PM
M is for Memory

If it doesn't die in 2.1 years count that as a victory.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-23-2021, 12:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

I remember Funai was a source for cheap CD players toward the end of my employment with Sears (back when they were still a good company). Those were really crappy CD players as far as use (odd button feel, etc), but way cheaper than the competition. Not sure how long they lasted.

On a side note ... I used to like working at Sears. Good company back then. Sad what they are now.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwagoner View Post
I remember Funai was a source for cheap CD players toward the end of my employment with Sears (back when they were still a good company). Those were really crappy CD players as far as use (odd button feel, etc), but way cheaper than the competition. Not sure how long they lasted.

On a side note ... I used to like working at Sears. Good company back then. Sad what they are now.
Magnavox DTV convertors are a Funai product. They're not as sensitive as the Zenith, Insignia and a few others. They need a outdoor antenna or be closer to the signal source, but are very reliable.
I've had to replace electrolytic caps in the Digital Stream units and the Zenith, Insignia twins.
I have a couple of Philips small color sets that work well.
There isn't too much love for Funai products in the UK either!
Audiokarma
Old 02-24-2021, 06:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Magnavox DTV convertors are a Funai product. They're not as sensitive as the Zenith, Insignia and a few others. They need a outdoor antenna or be closer to the signal source, but are very reliable.
I've had to replace electrolytic caps in the Digital Stream units and the Zenith, Insignia twins.
I have a couple of Philips small color sets that work well.
There isn't too much love for Funai products in the UK either!
My first credit card was one from Sears! My later one also is labeled "Sears", but is issued by CITI. It's probably the last one that will be labeled as such.
The interest rate is criminal, but I pay the balance every due date, so I never pay interest.
It's hard to believe what happened to them.