Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-21-2022, 07:03 PM
M is for Memory

I'm pretty sure the analyst has the blocking capacitors inside it instead of the cables... I've been using mine with home made coax with clip leads on one end and BNC on the other end clipping that into IF plates for years without burning mine up. The other leads are banana plugs with clip leads on the other end.... simple to make.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-23-2022, 11:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I'm pretty sure the analyst has the blocking capacitors inside it instead of the cables... I've been using mine with home made coax with clip leads on one end and BNC on the other end clipping that into IF plates for years without burning mine up. The other leads are banana plugs with clip leads on the other end.... simple to make.
I repaired TV's for like 40years or so!
One technician I was knew used to ask me,"how can you work on sets without a TV analyst". I replied that I couldn't justify the cost of one! I got along just fine!
Now I have three of them plus a VA48.
It's great to realize that a good tube checker still maintains it's value, but an analyst is worth peanuts.
Old 05-23-2022, 11:24 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
I repaired TV's for like 40years or so!
One technician I was knew used to ask me,"how can you work on sets without a TV analyst". I replied that I couldn't justify the cost of one! I got along just fine!
Now I have three of them plus a VA48.
It's great to realize that a good tube checker still maintains it's value, but an analyst is worth peanuts.
I don't need an analyst for repair either, but having one sure speeds up diagnosis of things like IF issues and sweep problems. Just got a VA-62 at the ETF.

The reason tube testers are valuable is audiophools...If something is realted to tube audio amps it's virtually always overpriced compared to all other vintage electronics.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4