Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-09-2016, 02:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Flyback swap same properties different pinout?

Hi I have a really old TV I'd like to repair it has a burnt flyback, TV is a 1984 Pulser (Canadian Tire) manufatured by Daewoo Chassis c101a, picture suddenly shrunk, blurred and faded to black, smoke came out from the set. I immediately switched it off. After opening the back I switched back on for a second to see where the smoke was coming from the flyback.

The thing is the original part is a Murata MSH1FBA05 I can't find one any where or a direct fit replacement, I did however find one that seems electrically equivalent but the pinout is different it's a Daewoo DCF1551, coincidentally the TV chassis is also a Daewoo.

I know of course that I can't put in directly on the board but is it ok or safe to use wires to take each connection to the right place and glue the flyback to the board so it won't rattle around?

Here are the pinouts:

BRAND: MURATA____________DAEWOO
REFERENCE: MSH1FBA05_____DCF1551
VOLTAGE: 103V_____________103V
PINS: 11___________________11

PIN1: +B 103V______________NC
PIN2: NC___________________+B 103
PIN3: GND__________________H
PIN4: H____________________175V
PIN5: 175V_________________16.5V
PIN6: BOOST_______________AFC
PIN7: 16.5V________________GND
PIN8: AFC/BLK_____________ABL
PIN9: ABL_________________40V
PIN10: COLLECTOR_________BOOTER 123V
PIN11: 40V________________COLLECTOR

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Not sure how I got here.

I guess you'll be the first to know !

I think it would be best if you were to use a thick solid wire - maybe like the pins and
make nice Z shaped adapter jig so the wires hold the FB somewhat rigidly where it
needs to be. Then maybe you won't need anything to glue it in place.....

Old 01-09-2016, 10:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

This brings up a problem that collectors of '80's TV's are going to have. Up until a few years ago, there were companies that made generic flyback transformers (some of these were good, some were not so good) for all brands of '80's and newer TV's. Now that virtually no one is servicing these TV's anymore, the sources for flybacks have dried up. Years ago, the TV parts catalogs that I got had several pages of flyback transformers. Now, there are none and most everything is flatscreen parts.

Concerning your set, you certainly have nothing to lose because the set is not currently working and the chances of you finding an exact transformer are slim. As long as your good transformer has the same electrical specifications as the original, it should work; but, mounting it will be the issue. I agree that using heavy duty solid wire is probably your best bet and make sure you slide some heatshrink tubing on the wires so that they won't short to anything.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thank you for your input, after posting I did find a MSH1FBA04 instead of 05.
According to this document: http://archivos.diagramas.mx/otros/R...0fy%20back.doc

both flybacks seem to have the exact same pinout and looking at the photo it looks exactly the same externally, what I don't know though is why two flackbacks that look the same have two different models.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Not sure how I got here.

2 different runs, similar chassis sets, same chassis - different screen size later modified.
so many thngs could have happened....

Old 01-10-2016, 05:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well I guess I'm going to risk and order it. I hope the HV Screen and focus isn't different as there is no indication of what they are on either models. The TV I'm repairing is a 14"
Old 01-10-2016, 06:08 PM
M is for Memory

If there is any sturdy mechanical mounting on the board (for instance a heat sink, sub chassis, or screw holes for the old fly if it happened to be screwed down) reasonably close to the current fly I'd consider securing it to that first....If the fly is purely supported by extended leads you run the risk of damaging the board traces if too much force in inadvertently placed on the fly...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-10-2016, 07:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm going to take another route, instead of the DCF1551 I'm getting a MSH1FBA04 instead to replace the MSH1FBA05, they SEEM identical, or atleast the pinouts are the same and are physically identical.

The original flyback was actually held by 3 screws the DCF1551 was not, but I'm scrapping he idea of using that flyback.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, I ordered the MSH1FBA04, it's gonna take a while as its coming all the way from across the pond. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks
Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just a little update on this, the flyback finally arrived, it works!!! I didn't have to tweak screen and focus controls!

Audiokarma