Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Clicking Refresh

1942 RCA Victrola Anniversary Console...Anyone Want a Project?

Hey guys,

My mom is clearing out her storage unit, and either we (her kids) have to make room for the stuff, or get rid of it. One of the items that none of us have the space for is a RCA Victrola console. It is the 1942 Anniversary model as stated by a nice little brass plaque on the back side of one of the doors. The cabinet is really beat up looking, but intact and mostly structurally sound. The turntable was removed at some point, and either misplaced or thrown away. Restoring this thing will take a good knowledge of tube electronics, extensive woodworking skills, and a lot of time.

I would hate to see this thing thrown out or rot in a leaky shed, so I am offering it a new life to anyone here for free. Mods, tell me if this against the rules. I'm not trying to sell it, I'm just trying to find it a caring home. The unit is located in Norman, Oklahoma (~25 miles south of Oklahoma City). It is at my sisters house for now, so I might be able to get someone over there to take some pics if needed.

Anyway, I thought this would be the best place to post. Mods, feel free to move/delete this thread if it is inappropriate.