Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:49 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

I just got a heathkit crt tester weeks ago. I have a BK 465 and a 467 unit sittin around
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi All;
I have a B&K 470, that I just dug out.. My other one is a Heath Kit, not sure of model number.. Anyway, the 470 has NO adapters.. And it came with a D 15 pin socket, but in the Manual that I have with it, it shows a 12 socket, Am I right that must be an add on ?? My guess is I'LL have to open it up and trace out what goes where..
THANK YOU Marty
Old 12-21-2012, 11:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have a 467 i believe is the number , 1966 era ? , i had a 10bp4 with great emissions but a short , can't recall which light a G or H but i said what have i got to lose ? so i tried the remove shorts , it removed the short and the crt worked well ever since , rejuve i've tried and it brought one 16GP4 back up for a week then it fizzled again , tried it on a 12QP4 and it came up and lasted about 2 months and it fizzled got weak , not trying to cause any disappointments but that was my experiance , other then that its always been a help with checking the crts.

mike
Old 04-19-2022, 01:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

need some help please

I have a BK 465 CRT tester and I need the instruction manual as well as the adapters. Can anyone here help me out with this please? Thank you.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:57 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progman64 View Post
I have a BK 465 CRT tester and I need the instruction manual as well as the adapters. Can anyone here help me out with this please? Thank you.
https://bama.edebris.com/manuals/b&k/465/

the adapters will have to be made :/
Audiokarma
Old 04-19-2022, 01:04 PM
M is for Memory

I'm not familiar with the 465, but if it's like my 466 the connector on the end of the cable coming off the tester is the standard 10BP4 base that almost all CRTs before 1960 used, and it's wired such that you don't need an adapter to connect it to the tubes it can plug into.
I have most of the adapters for mine I need for the stuff I care about, but I built a universal adapter too. I had a junk scope tube with a 10BP4 style base (with all ~14pins populated) I robbed that base and added alligator leads to the red/B&W pins. I can test any tube if I can find a datasheet with a pinout. It has served me well on 2 different 15GP22s (doubt I'll find that adapter).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4