Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
you should not have to go to that extreme, a good shot of some penetrating type contract cleaner around where the CRT plugs in, let it set over nite, then just make sure you hold on to the CRT plug base and slowly rock (not twist) the back plug connector off. Also use your thumb to apply pressure to the midde key of the CRT connector while working the connector off.

If its really stuck badly it maybe the focus lead corroded, in which case you would have to deal with that anyway. Patience and working slowly is the key.
Dittos to the above plus you can "gently" use two small screwdrivers at opposite ends and pry between the two. Take your time here of course and after a little loosening you can detect where the most tightness is (focus pin) and move the screwdrivers closer to that pin on each side. The socket should come of uniformally/parellel as much as possible.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty59 View Post

The 804-4 is the "late production" version and the Sams is dated 3-66. Hopefully someone else will chime in here. I could be wrong but I believe the differences was with the IF's and tubes used? 1st and 2nd IF's used 6BZ6's and the earlier versions may have been the 6EH7's instead?
Okay, I got the facts today - in both the "early" (as in 769-4) and "late" (as in 804-4) versions of the 24MC32, the IF strip is the same: (6BZ6)-->(6BZ6)-->(6EJ7/EF184). In fact, the whole tube complement is exactly the same. I saw one difference in the "tube layout - top view" on 804-4: It shows the vertical out as a 6HE6 instead of a 6HE5 - but even this is a typo, the schematic has 6HE5 and I can't find anything on the net that says a 6HE6 even exists.

The photos do show a different convergence board. The "early" shows a rectangular board about the same shape as a traditional TV screen above and to the right of the CRT neck. The "late", more like a "16:9" shape directly above the neck. As my 5317 has the squarer board, and a black HV cage, I'm assuming mine is an "early" (the picture of the "late" shows a shiny HV cage).

Differences in circuits were hard to find. One I found is where the brightness control is wired into the circuit. In the "early", it is between the delay line and the grid of the video out tube, whereas in the "late", it is soon after the detector, before the grid of the "cathode follower".
Old 04-18-2015, 07:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would like to see them, i live in winter Park.