Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2015, 02:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Trying to figure out what CRT this is

12" round glass CRT that is in a Truetone 2D2047. The tube tests pretty good, but the cabinet is shot. I might want to harvest this tube for my Admiral 20X122.

I never have heard of Century Television Tube. Maybe a rebuilder, but it looks like a label from a manufacturer.

Here is the gun structure.

You can see it uses a single magnet ion trap. When the ion trap is removed, there is no raster. The brightest raster is in the position shown.

It measures 18.25" with an 8" neck.

The measurements don't match up to a 12QP4 which has a shorter neck and is overall shorter, though from what datasheets I have seen, there was slight variation between the manufacturers. I eliminated the KP4 as it does not need an ion trap, the UP4 has a metal cone, the LP4 needs a double ion trap, but would the LP4 produce a raster with this single ion trap even if it is wrong for the CRT? If so, maybe it is an LP4 with the wrong ion trap.

What number am I missing?

No information on the internet about this model TV other than it was made by Raytheon for Western Auto, and a picture of the Raytheon sets of the era confirm this as the knobs and escutcheons are the same on this Truetone.