Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromberg6 View Post
I have a Sony MZ-NH1, and it does make very good recordings. BUT my Sony WMD-6C with metal tape makes better recordings with amazing dynamic range and NO noise using Dolby C. Problem is nobody is making metal tape now, dam it. Still, Sony's MD format is a great medium for live recording, and is small enough to "sneak" into concert venues where other, more bulky devices might be detected. Gotta use those microphone glasses!
Kevin
Yes .Those old cassette portables did a nice job then or even now.I've use a cheaper model Sony for years before I got the MD for live stuff.No more tape flipping and batteries quitting during recording.I was shocked"Pun Intended" with the battery life with the R900 when I got it.The R900 came with the single AA clip on battery pack which is a life saver when I was using it for a long recordings.

Thats a good question on blank metal tape.I cant remember the last time I picked up metal tapes.The best bet is check over at AudioKarma on that and see who still sells them..
Old 05-20-2016, 04:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Yes .Those old cassette portables did a nice job then or even now.I've use a cheaper model Sony for years before I got the MD for live stuff.No more tape flipping and batteries quitting during recording.I was shocked"Pun Intended" with the battery life with the R900 when I got it.The R900 came with the single AA clip on battery pack which is a life saver when I was using it for a long recordings.

Thats a good question on blank metal tape.I cant remember the last time I picked up metal tapes.The best bet is check over at AudioKarma on that and see who still sells them..
Yes, tape flipping. That's why I bought the MD with a mic input. I record live organ concerts, classic and unit orchestra (theatre organ) and my friend's 3 manual 25 rank Wurlitzer when he has an artist come to his home to play "The Monster in the House". It works out well, as I use both recorders with one mic, looping through one to the other. My MD now needs a battery, so I'm on the hunt. I'll check out what others have to say about that. Thanks for the continued post!
Kevin
Oh , about metal tapes. The last time I purchased some was for a trip to the Atlanta FOX theatre in 2006.

Last edited by stromberg6; 05-20-2016 at 04:51 PM.