Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Administrator

An RCA Roundie on eBay

Very plain jane but nice!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RCA-VICT...QQcmdZViewItem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca1.jpg (19.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-07-2007, 03:01 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

As we now believe, green face implies sulfide tube built between '61 and '65. Can someone identify the set model as one of those years?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Last of the roundies

This set was one of the last roundies from RCA-late 64 or 1965 model.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:54 PM
<-- sucker for old sets.

late 1964 CTC 16. Very nice looking set, probably restorable. Too bad shipping out here is near 400 bucks from craters and freighters.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:05 PM
<--1956 300B

Polaraman scored the set for $128.50! A nice set for a pretty good price.

polaraman
Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 PM
<--1956 300B

I went to go get the set today. I left at 11AM and did not get back till 9pm. All went well with the trip over to Anderson. I pulled into town and ran smack into a car show. They had the downtown blocked and had an all makes car show going. I had to pick up the set first. The folks would not give me an address to pick up the set. I really dislike folks like that. They would only agree to a neutral location. I had to go into town someplace and call them and they would bring the set to me. What a load of bull pokey that was. They showed up 1/2 hour after the call to deliver the set. I loaded it up and secured the set. I then headed to the car show. I was pulling into the car show and a big burst of steam cam out from under the hood of the truck. I blew the upper radiator hose. Lucky there was a Carquest 3 blocks away. Replaced the hose and filled the coolant. Started the truck and let it idle. Temperature gauge began to climb. Felt the lower radiator hose and it was cool. Thermostat was stuck. Back to Carquest for a thermostat and the related gasket cement. This does not account the 1 hour cooling period between issues. Replaced the thermostat and started the truck. No leaks and the gauge was normal. Started for home! Got 30 miles down the road and the temp gauge started to climb. Pulled over and popped the hood to discover the thermostat seal was leaking. Another 1 hour cooling time. Took out the thermostat and cleaned it all up again and installed. Started the beast up and it ran fine/no leaks. I was finally able to arrive home. Spent $40 in parts on this trip. What a day it was!!!!

I mustered up enough energy to unload the TV. It is sitting on the front porch. I need to make a spot for it inside.

Condition:

The flyback it a little dark on the top. I have a spare if it is bad.

The CRT is green on all three guns. The blue is the weakest of the three.

Cabinet is a cool gunmetal grey with no fake woodgrain. It is funky 60's space age kind of color. Looking at the picture, I thought the set was a blonde woodgrain. I'm pretty pleased with the cool finish. EricH will be jealous!!!

Chassis: CTC16A

polaraman

Last edited by polaraman; 06-16-2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-17-2007, 02:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Congrats on a very good looking set!! Its good another roundie saved.

As for the radiator, I own a 72 Volkswagen bus. No hoses, no water. Just air to keep me cool. I've seen it where I am here in Oregon. Stories of "my radiator leaking, or I've overheated before". . . With my Vw bus, I'll never overheat or have any kind of radiator trouble. BUT. . . . . .

I am driving a 35 year old car. It only gets 18MPG at best. I leak oil. BUT . . . . I do have plenty of space to haul that "I have a color tv, my parents told me it was from 1954, its an RCA with a 15 inch screen. I'll give it to you for free. Nevermind, its just too much for me to move. Oh, take this 100 dollars to rid me of this bulky thing"

I'm kidding. That dream will never come true. (please be true, please be true!!)

Again great score on the TV and good luck getting it running again :-)

Best regards,
Matt Davala
Old 06-17-2007, 07:58 AM
roundie not so n00b

it almost happened to me once but the console would not fit in my trunk

Another idea.....instead of expensive anti-psychotic drugs, let's provide schizophrenics with dummy bluetooth headsets. They'll easily blend into the crowd, although I suspect their "conversations" would be far more rational than those of the typical Wal-Mart shopper.

Ron