Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:32 PM
RCA 741PCS

Thanks for the info. It's an optional plug-in unit in this generator. Looks like you can manually set the frequency for each "burst".

Old 07-24-2010, 10:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yes, bunches o' buttons for a multiburst pattern.

Read up on what the manual says you can use it for. The Sencore manual makes it sound pretty handy.

Phil
Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
I picked this up cheap recently...LCG400...
PM me if you need an original user manual for that.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Avionics Technician

There's a GREAT book by Robert L. Goodman titled "Practical TV Troubleshooting Using a Video Analyzer", which was written entirely around the Sencore VA48 (simply the earlier version of the VA62). It has over 300 pages of EXTREMELY detailed information of pretty much every aspect of TV repair that exploits every possible use of these analyzers - including TV schematics, test points, alignment information, use of patterns, etc. It puts the Sencore manuals to shame, even though they are also excellent. This is one book you really want to find if you have the VA48 or VA62.

I have two VA62's and one VA48, also four VC93's. Waiting for a tri-state buffer chip to fix the digital meter function on one of my VA62's which originally had 3 separate problems.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:36 PM
RCA 741PCS

Thanks to Ed, I've got a user manual Now, I can really put this baby to work!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:41 AM
AKA Hotrod at ARF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry777 View Post
There's a GREAT book by Robert L. Goodman titled "Practical TV Troubleshooting Using a Video Analyzer", which was written entirely around the Sencore VA48 (simply the earlier version of the VA62). It has over 300 pages of EXTREMELY detailed information of pretty much every aspect of TV repair that exploits every possible use of these analyzers - including TV schematics, test points, alignment information, use of patterns, etc. It puts the Sencore manuals to shame, even though they are also excellent. This is one book you really want to find if you have the VA48 or VA62.

I have two VA62's and one VA48, also four VC93's. Waiting for a tri-state buffer chip to fix the digital meter function on one of my VA62's which originally had 3 separate problems.
Hi Barry, I finally made it over here to Videokarma and I just wanted to add the there is a later version of Goodmans book that is written around the Sencore VA62 and also has a chapter on the VC93 VCR analyzer.

Rod
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Technohippie

Just snagged one of these on eBay. Sold as-is, it arrived with a power light working, but no output. It needed all the tantalum caps swapped out. Found 3 shorted ones, one on each of the +5, +15, and -15 lines.

Almost all were the 4.7/25 blue ones, which got replaced with 35V units. Handful of other values scattered around, as well. A couple nights on the bench and almost a hundred new caps later, the unit now pumps out video! Nice and stable, and looks picture perfect on a WFM/vectorscope.

Is there a .pdf of the manual available anywhere? Particularly interested in adjustment procedures for the circle roundness/size, as it seems a bit off.

Anyone know the type numbers for the power supply rectifier diodes? Mine look a bit toasty. 2 different types. I figured I could just use 1N5408 and 1N4007, but just curious. Would like to see the schematics for the different options, as there are several unpopulated BNC cutouts on the rear panel, and several areas of unstuffed PCB.

Mine has a "400-01 Video Swemar Unit" installed, rather than the multiburst. Is the multiburst actually a plugin? This thing is hardwired into the unit, doesn't look to be user swappable.