Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
Well shame on General Sarnoff for sending Elvis the color television equivalent of a Pontiac Aztec.
I worked on the low-end table model CTC5, the set they advertised for $495.
It was a low hours set and looked pretty good.
The Pontiac Aztec was a poor seller but most people that owned them were happy with them. It wasn't anything like the Vega.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Resident Lunatic

My grandmother had one years ago. She actually liked the styling of it, and it rode well, but that thing was a total lemon mechanically. Fix one problem with it and three more would pop up...
Old 12-14-2016, 11:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
My grandmother had one years ago. She actually liked the styling of it, and it rode well, but that thing was a total lemon mechanically. Fix one problem with it and three more would pop up...
Kind of like Electronic M, Tom Carlson's, wondercar. You wonder what's going to go wrong next.
I never kept it a secret, that I was never crazy about GM products. I only owned one in 52 years and that was one too many.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:54 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Kind of like Electronic M, Tom Carlson's, wondercar. You wonder what's going to go wrong next.
I never kept it a secret, that I was never crazy about GM products. I only owned one in 52 years and that was one too many.
You Mean the GMC Envoy, right? I expected it to be a beater for the rather low price I paid...Though I'll admit there were a handful of things I wish I'd flushed out before buying it. I'd have preferred a Honda but nothing old enough to be in my budget could tow worth a crap.

I know someone with a 205K Suburban that has been about as good as their Hondas and is still going strong....I'd still like to kick mom's ass for demanding I not get one simply because she don't like how they look. My winter car was supposed to be pure utilitarian if looks were going to be part of my considerations for a utility vehicle I'd have bought a 100K 90's Buick Roadmaster woody wagon...Granted she hates those too. There are times I think she purposely likes what I hate and hates what I like (while demanding say in decisions that are NOT hers to make) to piss me off. I've gotta start saving up to move out before her pickiness and intrusions into my affairs drives me up a wall.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-14-2016, 02:20 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hmm, I don't think it's your mother's ass that needs the kicking.
Audiokarma
Old 12-14-2016, 03:46 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
Hmm, I don't think it's your mother's ass that needs the kicking.
If I'm buying something with MY MONEY then it is LEGALLY MY choice AND MINE ALONE what I buy. Her perpetual unsolicited HARASSMENT to try and get me to buy a car that is best for her KOOKY/stuck up/random sensibilities INSTEAD of the car BEST FOR ME is downright BS. She has been pestering me (by that I mean she would say something highly inflammatory and a shouting match would gradually insue) for months EVEN WHEN I was unemployed and we BOTH fully knew that I could not afford anything, and such arguments were purely hypothetical....She was demanding I buy a NEW or NEWER car before I even had any interest in another car....And wanted it to be a dinky modern car without a damn bit of utility/value to me...As soon as I became amenable to eventually owning a newer vehicle on the condition that it be a model USEFUL to me she agreed for maybe a day then immediately started trying to force me to buy something I did not want.

If she were buying it for me or chipping into the purchase price I'd be fine with her having a substantial amount say (granted if it was not a reasonable compromise I'd reject her purchase aid)....But when I'm buying something with MY MONEY ALONE, AS A FREE AMERICAN ADULT I damn well EXPECT not to be TOLD how to spend my discretionary income, ESPECIALLY when I'm being responsible with it.

And let me ask YOU something: If you were out of space, broke and or disliked roundys and I told you "You have to buy this aircraft carrier roundy combo or I'll ban you from VK" HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?....Well that is the type of shit I've had to put up with for nearly a year...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 12-15-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Old 12-14-2016, 06:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
Elvis video wall.

https://goo.gl/images/Ee8Qe7

Last edited by etype2; 12-14-2016 at 06:46 PM.