Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

$.01 Auction, $55.64 shipping.....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctc17 View Post
ohhh my dearest timmy..
I know its about the challenge, but I ebayed 5 inch tv and came up with several for $.01.
Now; if you time is worth.....say $5 and hour hmmm

Probably a resistor, surface mouth regulator or choke that failed...
i know its junk but it helps me stay somewhat sharp and besides it dont need a flyback after all but i cant seem to find what failed, no visible burned resistors, it dont have a regulator,i am thinking one of those little green poly caps since i changed ALL the electrolytics after finding one bad one. i did get a picture and sound but the signal seem to fade in and out and had 3 images so the jumper i had done seems to be leaving out a certain part of the overall circuit, the 3 images and the sound fading. am i correct in saying that not all glass zeners test one way that some do pass voltage the other way testing in the diode test of a digital vom?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Talking

well here goes this little set needed a horiz hold pot the frequency was so far off that it showed 3 images thats what that problem was. the jumper i placed to get the boost voltage going did infact do the trick as i was never able to locate the source of that problem or break somewhere. then there was the fading signal i would get a pic and sound then it was gone that was a bad resistor subbed that and now its got 6kv at the crt,great picture, great sound with no fading and left it on for 3 hours playing . i must be out of my mind because i had found one bad cap 160v470uf and i went ahead and changed all 30 electrolytic caps, i had them all, cost me nothing. its amazing what a cheap set it is but yet produces such a clear picture.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM
"micro" and quirky

Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
And now you have that "Jeeees....THAT one was a nightmare" story when someone sees the little thing on a shelf....and it's NOT in a landfill somewhere. I do have a similar little basket case like that, but that project is stopped as it needs a little 4.5" CRT I can't find (focus pin was busted off....obviously could not fix it)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

focus pin on the crt. it can be fixed but you have to use the smallest, thinest wire and use a 300 or more watt soldering gun and it will work and then add a longer wire to put it where it goes. you have nothing to else to do but look for another crt so try it.
Audiokarma
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

not that it matters much but for those who are fixing these b@w portible chinese sets be aware that a few of these sets had the same problem no or low hv 2500kv and no boost voltage and the crt wont light up. all these sets had the same thing wrong and it was easy for me after finding out with the first one that it was the horizontal adj pot, its a 5k pot but the one in there was so cheap just like the whole set but change that pot and all will work. crt has 6kv and it amazing how clear and sharp these cheap sets produce.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiboPet View Post
Best deal I ever found was a REAL tiny 2" Magnavox micro AM/FM/clock I got for $1.25 once (and was PERFECT!!).
If you have a picture of the Maggie could you please post it? Thanks!