Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Free SM from Europe

I want to share with all of you an interesting site from Hungary. It is called elektrotanya.com, it is free, and in it you can find schematics and service manuals for a large variety of electronic appliances (not just radio, audio, TV, domestic and broadcast) ranging mainly from maybe the 1970s to this day. But also radios from the 30´s! (Look at the attachment)
The site´s main language is, of course, Hungarian. I mean no disrespect for the Hungarian people! I will just say that their language is very different to any other, and almost impossible to decipher without knowing it. But the good guys at elektrotanya have kindly translated the more important parts, for the benefit of we English readers.
Anybody can download up to two documents from the site in a single day. To overcome this limit, one has to pass a simple test with five questions (of course, also available in English). If you don´t pass the test, you will have to wait 2-3 days before they change the questions before trying again.
Read carefully the questions, because sometimes the answer is not the simplest choice. If they give you several combinations of resistors to make a desired value, and by the way mention the dissipated power, the correct answer may not be the one with the exact equivalent resistance, if in doing so one of the resistors would overheat.
I regret to say, I failed miserably the first six or eight times because some questions give you several written options, and the translation into English is not very good. (And after the test they don´t tell you in which question you failed.)
This said, the site has a great variety of schematics/manuals. Mainly European of course, but sometimes you can´t find the SM for the American version and have to compromise with the "less-different" manual available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zenith_210-5_211-5_270-6_radio.jpg (126.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-07-2015, 09:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm a member of elektrotanya since last year .Its A great site.They have a huge collection.

Also check out "ShareFX" freeservicemanuals.net.I'm a member there too.Just request what you looking for.The guys and gals will post it if they have it pretty quickly.Also feel free to upload any schema's or service info to their archive.

Also reeservicemanuals.info/en is great too.Look and see if they list what you need is a dead link .Just request it and the webmaster will upload it in 5 to 8 days.