Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Moved here by request. You'll probably have better response in this forum.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

re: audio out/put trans.

good evening bandersen and everybody outthere,. just a qwick qwestion first?on this site is there way to type back & forth somthing like the i.c.q.chat?. befor I test the voltages on the 6w6 out/put, I also pulled the 1b3 flyback tube, I guess I figured may/be there would be no high voltage out/put. I did pull the horz. & vertical out/put, tubes already. I'm thinking at this point, I cut the wires too short coming out of the output xfrmr., I'll have to drill out the rivettes frome the chassis too cut the insulation around the wires too soilder new connections incase it was'nt the xfrmr's fault. I'll be back lator.

dawgs
Old 02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

post moved

somehow my new post got moved too the second page here.

dawgs
Old 02-28-2010, 04:57 PM
a- v- karma member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
somehow my new post got moved too the second page here.

dawgs
Don't worry, new pages are added are more stuff is posted, but it
is always the same thread. Good luck with the TV!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 PM
RCA 741PCS

I believe there is a chatroom feature here, but I've never tried it
Old 03-06-2010, 06:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

seeing eye tube

good morning everybody, I have an qwestion?, I was woundering, if I could substitute a 6e5 with the socket for a 6x6, I'm thinking there would have to be wireing changes, and probly other things like resisters and capacitor changes, but, I'm still woundering if it possible?.

thankyous

dawgs
Old 03-06-2010, 04:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

[IMG]my pictures[/IMG]
Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

confusion about pictures

good evening bandersen,., please tell me how to post pictures on here when I make a new addition and for asking qwestions on the site, I can;t seem too post a picture with my new post on here, it ask's me for something called a u.r.l., ?. you where very helpful, when somehow you went too my profile site and put the pictures here for the G.E. table top radio here that I was asking about the date for?., ., shamefuly, I have put an picture of two different seeing eye tubes on my profile albums again? ,,, these pictures show two different seeing eye tubes, on the left, is the 6e5 x two with the one with the socket attacted to it,, on the right is the 6x6 seeing eye tube out of the rogers magestic radio., what I was woundering was?. can I incorperate the 6e5 tube into the radio,?..
cer--appppp, running into problems hope this post makes it...

than-you again for your help bandersen

got too go dawgs
Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 PM
RCA 741PCS

Hi dawgs,

You have a couple options for pictures.

1. You can attach them to you posts. Scroll down when you are in the advanced editor and you'll see a Manage Attachments button. Click on that and you should get a popup window. Click on one of the Browse... buttons and locate your picture. Then, click the upload button.

2. Use the Insert Image button - you'll need a valid URL. I got this one by right-clicking on your picture and choosing 'Copy Image Location' from the popup menu. Then I pasted it into the Inset Image popup window.

I hope that makes sense.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

this is the project I'm working on.,..

bandersen,, qwuite sorry, I just can't down load pictures frome my computor,.,,,, Itried too follow what you had typed on here, and just nothing would work for me.,, just may-be I don't understand the just of computors.,. I tried all of the two sugestions that you told me too do,,, and failed. some/how, I know you will take the pictures frome my profile page and put them on here, .,, the project I'm working on is,, ( a rojers majestice tube radio ) o-kay, thus far.,, the original capacitators have been by-passed, sorry.,, the capacitators in the power supply,, the unit had a loud hum upon fireing-up- sure bad mistake with/out a leak-down test,, any/how., went to the main power supply capacitators, naturaly, both were shorted,, so! replaced both,, had a really low out/put,,, but! surprisingly, had some weak tunning capaciting, some stations came in very weakly, so, it was a start. replaced some of the tubes,, that I had in-supply,, things got better yet,. ,, on the front of the set, was a circular incased, any/how,, it had a tunning coil, with a resistor and a capacitor, off the main tunner, it had shorts, so, by-passed it, the tunning became louder with a lot more stations, the 6f6-steel tube, I replaced with an 6f6 glass tube,, and things really got better,, a lot more stations started to come in more clearly, so! at this point, I decided too let it rest, meaning.bandersen,,,,,,,, can you help me one more time and take the pictuers off my profile page and put them on here?????. originalt,, I was woundering about changing the 6x6 in this set too the 6e5,, really got off track,,.

thanx again guys

dawgs
Audiokarma
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok... Try this

1. Go to your profile page, select the picture that you want, expand it to full size, and right click your mouse on the picture.

2. Select copy image location, on the box that appears, and left click on it.

3. From the thread, click on "reply to thread" to open the box to type in your comments.

4. When you want to insert the image, click on the little ikon above the box that looks like a little mountain scene (5th from the right) a window will open asking for a URL.

5. Hit "control" and "v" on your computer to paste the URL that you have copied before, into the window.

6. The image link should now appear in the text of your message, and should show up as a picture when viewed.

Hope this helps,

jr

(couldn't resist doing another one)
Old 03-11-2010, 06:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

back on subject

sorry, reall got off the philco t.v. subect. I've been experimating with tube replacements, on this t.v.. things do get better with tube replacements, only one tube in the tunner I can't replace. the (6x8) there is no station pick-up,. even though the local t.v. station is only about 3 or 4 blocks frome my house. vert & hoiz. locks are off the wall., can't get under control what so ever,. I have no volume control, because the original out/put xfrmr. burnt out frome voltage over load., if the the sprkr, has no out/put, and the screen is over loaded, I would guess., there is asmall place too start frome,. what I was woundering was?. can you take a out/put xfrmr with only two in/puts red & blue and make it work in the same set with red/blue/yellow inputs?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
RCA 741PCS

Are you sure you local TV station is broadcasting NTSC ? There are only a handful of low power NTSC broadcasts left in the country - the rest have converted to digital.

Referring to the scematic I uploaded: http://www.bobandersen.com/images/sc...o/tv390-06.JPG
The old yellow wire is actually on the output side and it ties into the volume control. Perhaps for feedback ? I'm not sure about using an xfrmr without that tap.
Maybe a divider with two resistors could be used
Old 03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Perhaps for feedback ? I'm not sure about using an xfrmr without that tap.
Maybe a divider with two resistors could be used
A small trimpot (1K to 5K would do) connected from the speaker secondary of the audio output transformer to ground, the tap feeding the yellow wire connection back to the existing volume control should work. When you have the set on, twiddle the pot to get pleasing amount of feedback. If it oscillates, exchange the output transformer secondary wires hot and ground, to reverse the phasing (or if it's easier, the primary wires' connections plate and B+, but do not do both primary and secondary!).
Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

a test for uploading pictures

I'm just rying here to upload some recent pictures of the philco t.v. screen shots.

dawgs

maybe some day I'll understand how.

Last edited by dawgs; 03-12-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: lost pictures
Audiokarma