Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Still Y2K Compliant!

Steve D., John:

Thanks for your comments. Yes, it is a very nice set even though it needs work. For the most part it is complete and needs mostly TLC. I'm very glad to have it here.

Kevin:

I too have a Whitby. Very attractive set. With regard to the CRT conversion, this CTC-5 had the purity magnets and rails removed and then brackets to hold the glass CRT were screwed down into some of the holes that originally held the magnet assembly. I know what the CTC-9 brackets look like you are talking about and they should work fine if the holes line up or either you drill new ones to accomodate the present holes in the back of the mask. The shroud is made of polyethelyne if I'm not mistaken, so something similar would have to be laid in or used to fill in damaged areas. I'd like to hear how you make out on this so please keep us posted.

Charles:

Yeah, the seller was really squirly. It was easily a year or more that I had been negotiating and it finally paid off. During that time the set did wind up on Ebay. Glad the set was saved.

Gilbert

www.galaxymoonbeamnightsite.com