Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Huh?

GE on ebay with handwound flyback

Might this be the work of our friend? The set apparently works, though that flyback sure looks strange!
veg

Linky
Old 07-12-2005, 10:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

And the plot thickens...
Old 07-12-2005, 11:28 AM
<--1956 300B

Well it seems to work. I would like to see the set in person though. The focus looks a little off. I think it is good somebody is attempting the flybacks. We all have sets that will need a new one. I am cheering for the man. He is taking a lot of heat right now. His attempts are looking better though. His product got one set working so far.

polaraman
Old 07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Has anyone tried a color set yet???

Last edited by vintagecollect; 07-12-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
joe_tbird

Yes, this is the same person. I remember his eBay ID from when he had the ugly CTC flyback up for sale.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be on vacation around the time this auction ends, otherwise I'd be tempted find out how reasonable his reserve is and bid on the set. If he had a reasonable enough reserve, it would be worth getting just to evaluate the results first hand.

Joe
Audiokarma
Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

I did purchase the CTC-4 flyback from ebay just to have a spare one.
I have a ctc-4 set in working condition. I think I will try the flyback when received and let the world know if it works. I sure hope it is not going to kill my set.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:01 PM
joe_tbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon1308
I did purchase the CTC-4 flyback from ebay just to have a spare one.
I have a ctc-4 set in working condition. I think I will try the flyback when received and let the world know if it works. I sure hope it is not going to kill my set.
Hey, I'm the guy on eBay who asked you about the CTC-4 flyback. Small world--I didn't realize until just now you're also on AK. Good luck with the flyback and keep us posted!

Joe
Old 07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaraman
The focus looks a little off. polaraman
Yeah but look at the edge between the screen and the cabinet, it's fuzzy too. Just a fuzzy photo. Of course I don't mean if it was a better photo it would prove that it's as sharp as a tack but....
The flyback on a black and white like this one would be easier to attempt a rewinding of, and more forgiving of tolerances, plus black and white ones don't run so close to their breking point like color ones do. Nobody has tried one of this guy's CTC4 ones yet? I don't know if these things are any good or not but you gotta give the guy credit for trying it, and on this lowly little portable black and white no less! 8 ()
Frenchy
Old 07-18-2005, 05:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Picture quality may be very good, Seller explained quality , and difficulties trying to photo CRT working. I'm going try to contact him about set if no one meets his reserve. I've always wanted a portable TV that's small.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Talking Flyback

Yeh, I give him an A for effort, but, I still worry... And even the bw one looks a little sloppy. John Folsom has his first tried color flyback, and it doesn't physically fit the core, and wires are all over the place. Not neat. I hope he can improve his work. Rarer flybacks need a chance. One day, they'll run out like some picture tubes. When is anyone gonna start re-making gems like 3KP4, etc...?????

Rough quote: "I may be growing older, but, I refuse to grow up."

Last edited by Bill Cahill; 07-19-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 07-19-2005, 06:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

According to him--- now all wire connections correctly placed for rapid install, fitting directly to original core or new core w/same dimensions as original core
Newer one looks a lot cleaner, similiar to RCA manufactured part in dimensions and appearance.

Last edited by vintagecollect; 07-19-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

The ctc-4 flyback so far made it to the custom but then got stuck there. Hard to explain what it really is. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for results