Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2018, 09:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well then it's not blow-by. With the oil cap off there wasn't really any air coming out. The engine is still rather young to be having those kinds of problems unless someone's been abusing their maintenance. In yank speak it only has 155000 miles on the odometer.

Anyways I gave it some fuel stabilizer and antifreeze to make it survive the winter and then parked and disconnected the battery so it can survive on a solar charger to keep it topped-up.

Here's the interior before I yanked the center console out.

...and the rest of the car.

The goals this winter are to repair the 4WD as I indeed tried to use it before I parked it and it will not come out of 4WD and get the initial repairs on the audio done. The four speakers are toast and the installed Alpine has an eye searing red and blue theme going on. The console is too far carved up to reinstall the original radio so in goes a Sony MDX-C5970R and the rough-in connections for the rest of the upcoming components like the Motorola MDT, telephone (yes you heard that right), CB radio, satellite radio and trunk GPS unit for the MDT. Might also be wise to install an Immobilizer as the car will be decked with tech but the starter solenoid is in an awful place so I am wondering what else I could have physically disconnect and prevent the car from starting.
I also need to see what components of the Cruise Control are missing. I got parts but I'm starting to wonder what pieces are spares and which were removed but not reinstalled.
Come summer we should have the money to get new jackstands and start working on the underside and the upholstery which as you can see needs a lot of work.
Oh yeah, the Habitat for Humanity ReStore finally had something I needed for once....

Last edited by MIPS; 09-30-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Audiokarma