Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

Logos on TV sets/monitors

This may be a dumb question and not sure what forum is best but.

Have you ever noticed how some TV sets have little emblems in the corner that show what's supported? Like they might have the Dolby symbol or Digital TV symbol. I wonder why that is that some do and others don't? I don't remember CRTs doing this as much although my Sylvania does say SDTV and Dolby Digital on it. My Sony VCR/DVD has logos on it too about supported things.

I even remember Apple doing something similar to this on some of their computers in the early 90s, I think it was only the Color Classic and Color Classic II that did. They had the QuickTime logo in the corner for some reason.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just a marketing/styling thing. If they think adding the logos will sell more, they slap them on. Kind of like cars, some have emblems all over advertising options and others don't. No rhyme or reason. With electronics and cars, it often isn't consistent even within the same manufacturer!

As you point out, Funai usually adds them to their equipment.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

I figured that. I have noticed too about certain manufacturers only putting logos on certain models.

And I notice this on car stereos often, especially these days when they're all integrated touch screen units. Hyundai and Kia seem to have the most logos on theirs that I've seen. Infinity, XM, Bluetooth, MP3 (No CD logo anymore, guess that's too old school by now). LOL