Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:33 AM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
now as far as the catalytic converter replacement goes, I have the estimate paper work from the mechanic I took the car to and I can scan it into the computer for you to look at if you don't believe me about how much they said the repair would be.
Oh, I believe you. I also believe that mechanic is trying to take advantage of you. SHOP AROUND. Go to different shops, show them the estimate papers, and ask them to beat the price, see what prices you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
So Anyways if you're so upset just because I was wanting to start a seperate thread on this so that I didn't have to worry about throwing off Dave's thread then just don't comment on this thread if you feel like its that annoying to you.
Hey, it's great that you started a fresh thread - awesome. I'm not upset at all dude. I'm only trying to help you, and you're fighting me. >_>

Last edited by MadMan; 03-06-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Oh, I believe you. I also believe that mechanic is trying to take advantage of you. SHOP AROUND. Go to different shops, show them the estimate papers, and ask them to beat the price, see what prices you get.

Hey, it's great that you started a fresh thread - awesome. I'm not upset at all dude. I'm only trying to help you, and you're fighting me. >_>
I'm not trying to fight you, but you seemed very upset that I was trying to get other opinions about what's going on with my vehicle because when you commented on here earlier you said that you thought what I was commenting about concerning the issues with my car were wrong and that you had already covered this and that because of that you felt like I shouldn't of started this thread.
Anyways I'm all for hearing what you have to say but try not to chew me out if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, because in reality I don't know a whole lot about cars and how they work because my grandfather used to do all the work on our vehicles in the family before he passed on 3 years ago, and I didn't ever get a chance to observe what he did and didn't do with the cars. So yeah anyways I'm sorry if I came off sounding bristly it wasn't my intention.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Banned

Well I just found out today that apparently the Buick Regals and other related cars with the 3800s in them were recalled back in 2015 because of leaky valve cover gaskets that would leak oil onto the exhaust manifold and potentially cause a fire, and supposedly the issue was never repaired by the car's previous owners before I got it. So I have to get that repaired apparently as well, but thankfully I won't have to pay for the repairs, but I'm not sure how long its going to take to get the valve cover gasket replaced on the car because the mechanic that I told you about that said it would cost about $800 to replace the catalytic converter on my car said that supposedly it would take about a full working day or more to replace the valve cover gasket on my car, but he didn't say why though...
Closed Thread