Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2024, 10:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Question about measuring and setting horizontal frequency

Hey guys I'm trying to troubleshoot the horizontal section in my RCA KCS- GF2 chassis. It seems like my horizontal hold is just way off frequency. Originally I was thinking of doing is hooking up my scope to try to get the same waveform the Sam's uses. The other day I was watching an older Shango video and he mentioned that the horizontal section should be running at 15 MHz. This got me thinking I use an older analog scope that doesn't have megahertz displayed. It uses a Time base with a USec, MiliSec, and Second scale. I'm not sure how that would really convert over to megahertz. I like my scope and didn't really want to replace it and I've been reading a lot of bad reviews about all those Chinese Scopes out there. So I was thinking could I use either a frequency counter, or a Tiny SA Ultra to try and measure the frequency it's running at, then adjust it to get in the ballpark of where I should be? From there I could try using the Sam's directions.

I uploaded a video onto YouTube of what it's doing right now

https://youtu.be/YeJtLkf1SVc?si=6u6bW_piU-tBBzAg

Last edited by Aperna1985; 04-28-2024 at 10:19 AM.