Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage Home Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't remember if I posted this already or not, but oh well. I have a Sears TELE-GAMES Model NO 75005 complete "Video Arcade" that could use a new home. I am not into gaming and never was. I got this for Christmas in about 1981 or 2 if I remember right. The thing is in like new condition because it has hardly ever been used! Back then I would much rather walk to the 7-11 and play pinball than some nerdy game. That's the way some of us kids saw them; we were the kids that hung around the cooler older kids (like me). This thing is the twin to the Atari 2600 (I think) and it has all of the accessories and even a storage cabinet with the Atari logo on top. If anybody is interested just PM me.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:25 AM
complete novice

well i scrubbed my atari 7800's board with rubbing alcohol.. nothing else has worked. used a bras brush on the connector pins. bought a new power pack and well..she works now. but is very very touchy, even tapping her ..she will stop working..so, i dunno whats wrong.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbivy View Post
well i scrubbed my atari 7800's board with rubbing alcohol.. nothing else has worked. used a bras brush on the connector pins. bought a new power pack and well..she works now. but is very very touchy, even tapping her ..she will stop working..so, i dunno whats wrong.
I don't even know exactly what this board looks like, but if it's like any other PCB, and going by your symptoms, you might try reheating each solder joint on the board if you can not localize the general area where a connection is erratically intermittent. Since there is an IC or chip involved, the problem could be inside of one of those components, but since the unit works part of the time, its probably a bad connection. Be careful with the heat that you apply when working with any PCB, especially around ICs, and chips! If when you say that it "stops working" the unit is dead, as in no power, then the on/off switch might be dirty or worn out. Spraying some contact cleaner and working the switch might fix that. I can remember working that switch back and forth over and over rapidly because you would get different strange displays on the screen, which as kids we found interesting, however destructive.

I have a real nice Sears Tele-Games that was mentioned earlier in this thread (I think), but for the moment another party has expressed interest in it. I have been so busy that I have not even had time to get a quote on the shipping cost to send it to him in order to see if his offer would be do-able. If he is no longer interested I will re-post it for sale.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM
M is for Memory

I got several....

two NESs side loaders with bad contacs(at least I can get one to work by applying rubbing alcohol to the cartrage before insertion)
an SNES (working)
blue N64 (the only system I ever bought new)
the Game Cube (coulden't pass it up at 10$)

PS1 (working but only kept for nostalgia because I used to play one with my girlfriend back when I was about 10)
PS2 (working, but missing the DVD drive door, the hard drive door, and the hard drive)

Sega Genesis (working)
Game Gear (it once showed a split second of startup screen, but all it does now is give me black screen)

two dead Atari 2600s (one used to work)

Colocovision (I do not have a power cord video cable or games to test it, but it was 2$ so dead or alive I'm not loosing anything)

also several of those retro game controlers/console rehashes that were popular a few years back.

I used to be really into collecting video games from when I was around 11 till a year or two ago when I stoped spending on anything that did not contain vacuum tubes. I still play on occaision, but with college and my other hobbies(which take precidence) I rarely have time to(or think to) pick up a controler.

Tom C.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I used to be really into collecting video games from when I was around 11 till a year or two ago when I stoped spending on anything that did not contain vacuum tubes.
Way to go Tom! I am almost 42 years old, so I place my teen years dead on the crossover between the 'good ol days' and whatever we call what the world has become. I can remember when it was a pretty big deal to have a Pong game, and it was a REAL big deal to have a Sony Betamax VCR. That was the mid to late 70s. I never met anyone who had a VCR until maybe 1985, and the first CDs or players invaded our army post RECORD stores in Europe around 1987. A few Christmas's before 1985 all of the kids had to have an Atari 2600. I didn't "have" to get one, but I got one. I think my dad liked it more than I did. As the digital device age came into play, I regressed into times and things that I thought were much more interesting which for me amounted to tube type radios, TVs, and back dated music. Some people look at this as limiting one's self, but to me looking back to things gives you a much wider span of things to enjoy. To me the "latest" is usually not the greatest; and if I were to become Mr. Trendy, I would be greatly limiting the amount of things to find and, in my case, bring back to life. The only good thing I can say about being trendy is that it will probably be more attractive to the ladies! LOL! It always amazes me how oblivious most women are to nearly anything related to the past. I need to meet a history major working in the TV or radio broadcast industry! Good luck to me right??

Oh by the way, the Tele-Games unit I mentioned is an Atari 2600 made for Sears-Roebuck & Co. and is in mint condition.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:19 AM
complete novice

Well im rather happy. My brother visited a few months back and rather enjoyed playing the nes i have. He sent me the old sega we had back in the day. Complete with cords, games and 32x adaptor. After cleaning off the insane amount of grime that it had accumulated, i plugged it in and she works perfect. Ive honestly forgotten how good the graphics and colors were for a 16 bit system.

So yes, now ive an nes, snes, atari 7800 prosystem and a sega now hooked up in my living room. A true mess or cables and cords, but to any older gamer it looks like what it is, heaven.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

Atari 2600/4 switch/wood grain. Only the second Atari I've ever owned. It's rather interesting how I got it.

I originally got an Atari in the early 80's from my parents. It only included Combat at the time and Pac-Man was sold separately. I played the heck out of that thing. I wound up burning out a capacitor in the thing after leaving it on for a week or two solid. I have the game Towering Inferno (based on the movie) and there is a certain point you can just keep playing no matter what (it may be a certain difficulty level, I really don't remember). I didn't want to quit the game so I left it going for like a week or two. I replaced the capacitor but the picture was funky after I did.

About that time a friend of mine decided to sell her and her hubby's Atari. Her dad worked for the trash company and had found two NES's in the trash and took them home to them. Actually that is how they found the Atari as well, along with about 20 games and a case. For $20 I got the Atari, the games and the case. I turned around and sold one game, Tapper, on eBay for $15 so in essence I gave $5 for the system. I have about 150 or so games for it. It's hooked up to my 55" LG LED but I need new joysticks.

I have an NES that my ex-wife had a fit to have at a flea market along with a handful of games. I've replaced the connector inside several times and they keep going out. One of these days I'll order another one and get it fired up again.

I have an SNES that a former coworker gave me that was in her shed. I've got a handful of games for it also.

I have a Wii in the bedroom that I've never played. Hooked it up after I got it and never could get the controllers to sync. I've got it put aside for some day when I'm bored lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Heres a good clip for you SNES fans!

http://web.archive.org/web/200512121...doacapella.wmv
Old 05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
creepingnet

1980 Sears Telegames VideoArcade with a service label taped inside. I won it on a glitched E-bay auction in 2000. I have about 150 carts for it and a ton of controllers. I've owned a lot of Atari's and the Atari-In/Atari-Out thing ended once I learned how to fix them. There are some rebuilts of mine floating out there including a Heavy Sixer, a Darth Vader in the ORiginal Box that someone jammed earrings into the cart slot of, and a few 4-switch woodies.

NES "Frankentendo" - It's an Ex-Girlfriend's dead NES and 2 Goodwill $5 specials best parts all put together into one nice unit. Have about 120 carts for it and most of the standard Nintendo periphery....just need to find a power mat for World Class Track Meet.

I have a beat to heck Intellivision II that runs off a US Robotics Modem Power Supply, and a bunch of boxed games with overlays for it. I hardly touch it though, It's waiting for the Mitsubishi to be fixed.

I know it's actually a Computer but my Tandy 1000 A from 1985 sits under the TV and is used to game for the most part as well. It's pretty tricked out with networking and a Vintage Computer Forum IDE card though.

Then I have a softmodded XBOX used just for retro-gaming and watching DVDs, and in the LIvingroom we have a Wii that sees plenty of action as well....a good mix of virtual console, just dance 3 (exercise), and New Super Mario.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
M is for Memory

Well a College buddy got me back into vintage gaming again.

Wound up getting an Xbox, a MIB Coleco, a X32 expansion module for my Genesis, and my Atari 2600 is working again.

With the MIB Coleco I was able to test the other one I had and after determining it worked I gave it to my buddy, who has been really enjoying it since getting the power brick and some accessories like the Atari 2600 game adapter.

He also figured out what was wrong with the Atari...I put a chip in backwards while doing cleaning years back. Much to our surprise the chip worked when reinstalled properly! Man did they make solid chips back in the day.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 12-10-2013, 03:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

came across my vintage games recently. 1 SNES system with piles of games which I had to replace the 10v power adapter on, 1 NES with the gun that only works with CRT displays, not as many games for that one, and a SEGA genesis with only a few games.
Sold my Nintendo 64, PS2 and Atari 2600 on Craigslist, with everything included. Used my PS1 as a CD player for awhile and still have it.

I use a mint-condition Sanyo 19" color with the metal cabinet (built in 1977) for all of my retro games. It seems to work the best out of all my old color tv's for this purpose.