Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

Vintage Canadian tv service data (free)

Hello Fellow Members.

i have a lot of vintage Canadian tv service info and am willing to scan and email to you for free.
i find the canadian info is rare online so im offering this here and at the arf forum.
im glad i hung onto this data-almost got recycled over the years-ha
post here if you need this-ill get it to you as my time allows.
glad to help the forums-have gotten some help in the past with my farnsworth 651p and glad to help back.
the more vintage tv's saved-the better.
cheers,
RonL

Last edited by ronl; 07-04-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

I would like to say "Thank you" for your offer. You have supplied me with a couple of Canadian schematics now and they were greatly appreciated. I have noticed a couple times now that Canadian made sets that have a US counterpart are not always the same. They are very close but there are differences.

Gregb
Old 01-19-2016, 02:01 AM
M is for Memory

If I had a library like that, and a scanner I'd scan a couple a day until I had them all on my computer and then sell discs with the library on them...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-20-2016, 03:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

I sent you a PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:56 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks GregB.
Tom,i am thinking about that but for free. im gonna try taking pictures with my digicam and see how well that works. would be much faster than scanning and there is a Lot of pages!
RonL
Audiokarma
Old 02-04-2016, 08:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

i was contacted by steve from etf (on arf) to provide any scans i have done over the years!

i cant think of a better way of helping back and sharing this data.
hopefully the digicam works well and quik. if so, i can eventually scan my entire collection as time allows.
RonL
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

ok members,
im gonna put some time in and figure out a rig to use my digicam to simply "click" each page. super fast scanning.if im correct,this should make archiving my data much quiker.just gotta find a bit of time. i have scanned data using a hand held digcam in the past and it did work good enough. i think my idea for a "rig" will be even better. i have already dug out the rarest canadian tv data i have that will be the 1st test and if it works-will be sent to ETF for achiving. thanks Steve Mcvoy for archiving this-a great service to the vintage tv efffort online.
admin-Major thanks for making this post a "sticky"-saves me some time...still working on getting the admins at arf to do the same.
the more vintage electronics saved the better!
RonL
Old 10-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

I have a few Canadian TV service manuals I could scan upon request; hopefully I'll have my own scanner if/when that happens. Let's see what's covered...

- Electrohome chassis models C16 and C31
- Philips/Rogers Majestic Color TV models T118, T128, C138, C148, C168, C178, C2257, C2267
- Philips Color TV models C2216U, C2226U, C2236U, T2206, C6216U, C6226U, C6236U, T6206U, C2246, C6246, Autocolor 2500
- Fleetwood/Sylvania chassis models D-14, D-16, D-19 and D-19A

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-26-2017 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

I'm looking for a schematic at least and hopefully a manual for Marconi TV 102T17, from about 1958
Old 06-01-2018, 05:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi MaxHifi.
Just thought I should mention for the forum that I had the info and sent it to you.
Good luck with that set.
RonL
Audiokarma
Old 12-18-2018, 05:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Can anybody help get a set of Canadian radio collage vintage service info offered o arf forum to the lower mainland bc Canada?it's a long shot but but worth trying to save this rare Canadian service info. Here is the link.maybe someone knows a buddy that travels from the bc sunshine coast to here? Here is the link. I http://antiqueradios.com/forums/view...p?f=3&t=350960. From the arf post. ". I have most of the RCC manuals from #1 to #361. Tried to give them to our library as a charitable donation but they're not interested in anything that is not hard covered. Better if it was digital.
Another member here is scanning and giving away copies of RCC supplements. Don't know how busy he is with that.
If anyone here on the west coast would like to become caretaker of these books I'd like to hear from them. It would be a shame if this information was to disappear.

Jim C.". Even if it can't get to me, perhaps someone can save this? RonL

Last edited by ronl; 12-18-2018 at 06:05 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-01-2019, 06:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Members-thanks to arf member Jim(biglip) and a friend of a buddie,i now have the radio collage of canada(rcc) series of Canadian service data for vintage tvs,1950 to aprox early 70s.there is more recent data but that is gonna stay boxed. more data for the forum-thanks Jim!! my original collection goes a little earlier than that as well. plus there is some zenith data i need to go through. RonL
Old 09-03-2021, 08:39 PM
I like TV.

Any chance you got any service data on a Canadian RCA CTC39X(Z)? Quite an odd beast.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

I had the info hyper lag was looking for,scanned/ emailed info to him.hopefully another vintage tv saved. RonL
Old 01-19-2023, 12:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl View Post
Hello Fellow Members.

i have a lot of vintage Canadian tv service info and am willing to scan and email to you for free.
i find the canadian info is rare online so im offering this here and at the arf forum.
im glad i hung onto this data-almost got recycled over the years-ha
post here if you need this-ill get it to you as my time allows.
glad to help the forums-have gotten some help in the past with my farnsworth 651p and glad to help back.
the more vintage tv's saved-the better.
cheers,
RonL
Hi Ron... I have an (apparently) rare Canadian beast too.. a 1952(?) RCA Victor Canada Model 20-T-74 TV.. I can't find anything on it (Beitman's, RCA Service, etc.) anywhere. Might you have a service sheet for it?
Audiokarma