Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > 21st Century Gaming

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nook Tablet Issues

Hello everyone, about 5 months ago a friend of mine gave me her old Nook tablet that she wasn't using anymore (it had a broken screen protector/cover)
and the tablet still had her information on it yet and I wanted to do a factory reset of the tablet so it would wipe all of that information off the device so I can start fresh with it.

But when I go to try and do a factory reset the tablet gives me an error message saying that it needs to be connected to the network to be able to wipe the device, and i'm not sure what it means by that because its connected to the internet via a wifi connection at my house so I'm not sure why it would think its not connected to the internet when it is.

Any ideas as to what could be going on with this thing?
I've never worked on a Nook tablet before so I really am not familiar with the ins and outs of how they work except that I know its android based and that's about it.

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:54 PM
The Resident Brony

Does the wifi actually work? Can you go to a website on it? If yes, it probably needs to be connected to their servers to retrieve the factory install files. The device may no longer be supported and those servers may no longer exist.

Not sure.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Does the wifi actually work? Can you go to a website on it? If yes, it probably needs to be connected to their servers to retrieve the factory install files. The device may no longer be supported and those servers may no longer exist.

Not sure.
Its a Nook HD Plus Model BNTV600 which I wouldn't think would be that old of a Nook but like I said I'm not familiar with the Nooks and how they work. Yes the WiFi is actually working, was able to connect to various different websites on the internet.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 01-08-2020 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here's a Screenshot of the error message I'm getting when I try to do a factory wipe of this Nook HD+ tablet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200108_233040_2.jpg (37.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-08-2020, 10:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Never mind, figured out how to do it without having to go through the operating system.

UPATE: Never Mind again, there still seems to be a problem, after I did an external factory reset I was going through the setup prompts and it was asking me to setup the WiFi internet Connection which it says its connected and has a connection to the internet but then when I go to proceed further into the setup process I'm given a Network Problem error message as seen below in the screenshot and it says press continue to test your connection, but then when I hit continue all it does is take me back to the WiFi connection setup page, and not a connection test page.

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Its acting like there's some sort of software bug, but I'm not sure what's going on.

UPDATE: Figured it out, there was apparently an update to the TLS protocol that was made in order to make the nooks more secure online and I had to download that update in order to make the nook useful again.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 01-08-2020 at 11:52 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 01-09-2020, 10:13 PM
The Resident Brony

Don't you just love technology?