Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2017, 02:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Rethreading a CRT Questions

I picked up an Admiral 30A1 S-F with a 10" CRT. The CRT tube is detached from the socket, but there are lengths of wire left, so I will be attempting my 1st redo with this type of thing.

I found a couple good posts of how-to-do's, but it was a little vague on exactly what brand and type of glue to use? So that is one of my questions. Another is just how much glue to put on the inside of the socket, and whether to put any on the outside?

I read when soldering a new long lead on, to just lay the new lead alongside the old lead after tinning them, and solder them together. Correct? Wont that remelt when I solder the new leads at the end of the socket? Or is that a super quick hit with the solder iron?

I dont know if the tube is good or not yet, but I thought this would be a good thing for a rookie to do for practice even if it is junk. I'll test it if I get this done without breaking a wire. THANKS!