Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:13 PM
BillCoke

Motorola - Newbie needs help

Good Afternoon - I was cleaning out my Mom's attic and came across a Motorola 21T47M0. I've fired it up and it seems to work. The back cover has holes for VHF / UHF connections - but when I remove the back I have no idea where the wires went too. I'm guessing that something is missing. Is anyone up on that model - and are you willing to deal with a novice?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to feed old video to the set and use it as a display piece.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 07:06 PM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Hey bill,

You will need some 300 ohm antenna wire (you can get it at most electronic stores like rat shack). Inside the cabinet on the tuners (things that the tuning knobs are attached to) there are two posts on each tuner. Ther may be evidence that someone cut wire which would definitely stand out. If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can solder one end of the wires to the tuner posts, and then buy connectors that press into those holes on the back cover (i for get what they are called) They press into the board, and have a screw terminal on each one. Repeat for the uhf tuner.

I hope this is a novice enough explaination for you. I may be able to get some example screenshots if i can get around to it. I am sure you will find plenty of help here on AK. Welcome aboard!!

Jordan
Old 08-05-2005, 07:40 PM
<-- sucker for old sets.

Tuner shots

Bill,

Here are some example shots I've taken from my zenith. I'm sorry that they aren't the best, but this is the closest i could get.

If you are going to use this as a viewing piece, i would strongly suggest that you have a tech look it over. It may need some re-capping if the capacitors in the set are wax or "black beauties". Old caps can have moisture in them from sitting, and they can build up steam and explode, causing a large mess and damage to your set.

There are tons of people here with tv servicing experience. You may even be able to find someone near you who can check it out for you.

Jordan
Old 08-07-2005, 06:00 AM
BillCoke

Thanks !!!!!!

Thanks BIG TIME both of these replies will be a huge help.

I'll let you know how it goes.