Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:05 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Really... I kind of doubt that. Of course considering the source here (you are the one who constantly trolls me on here in practically every thread I've posted on here) I think you're just saying that to just be a troll as usual. I know for a fact that I've been able to get used TV remotes on ebay for as little as $5 and free shipping, the power supply and inverter board for this particular TV was selling for as low as $20 and free shipping on ebay, and considering you can sell one of these sets for as much as $100 there's still plenty of room to make money on this TV yet. So keep your negative nelly comments to yourself!
As someone who knows Jim personally. I can say that he is a nice person that will tell you the truth as he sees it, and not a troll. Interpreting his posts as trolling is at best a mistake, and at worst an example of paranoia causing posts with differing opinions to falsely read in a hostile tone.

As a moderator I would like to politely encourage you to remove the negative filter you seem to view his posts through and look at them objectively, not seem to border on an open spat like you are doing here (and in the youtube troubles thread), and/or simply ignore* him. It would make discourse here more pleasant.

* Since a couple months after joining I've tried to read EVERY new post here, and I can say that there are a couple of members here (Jim is NOT one) whose posts I almost never read because I simply feel there is nothing to be gained from it and a lot of time, annoyance and pointless (sometimes repetitive) knee jerk correction posts to be wasted doing so....Perhaps I'm wasting my time now too, but I just wanted to say sometimes the best thing to do in life (on a number of levels) is to simply walk away and ignore something you dislike.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
As someone who knows Jim personally. I can say that he is a nice person that will tell you the truth as he sees it, and not a troll. Interpreting his posts as trolling is at best a mistake, and at worst an example of paranoia causing posts with differing opinions to falsely read in a hostile tone.

As a moderator I would like to politely encourage you to remove the negative filter you seem to view his posts through and look at them objectively, not seem to border on an open spat like you are doing here (and in the youtube troubles thread), and/or simply ignore* him. It would make discourse here more pleasant.

* Since a couple months after joining I've tried to read EVERY new post here, and I can say that there are a couple of members here (Jim is NOT one) whose posts I almost never read because I simply feel there is nothing to be gained from it and a lot of time, annoyance and pointless (sometimes repetitive) knee jerk correction posts to be wasted doing so....Perhaps I'm wasting my time now too, but I just wanted to say sometimes the best thing to do in life (on a number of levels) is to simply walk away and ignore something you dislike.
OK, well I do want you to know that its kind of hard for me to take critical comments directed at me, I do have Autism and it makes it hard for me to take criticism and what not so again I appologize if feelings were hurt. I'll try better next time to make sure that I don't say anything upsetting again.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:13 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
OK, well I do want you to know that its kind of hard for me to take critical comments directed at me, I do have Autism and it makes it hard for me to take criticism and what not so again I appologize if feelings were hurt. I'll try better next time to make sure that I don't say anything upsetting again.
Fair enough. Just try to keep in mind that not all differing/opposing viewpoints are criticism, not all criticism is bad (some is meant to help prevent you and others from making mistakes that you may regret), and that as long as one interacts with other people one will inevitably receive some criticism (so learning how to deal with it constructively is a good thing).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-11-2016, 08:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the childish name-calling.

My comment on the TV had nothing to do with you. Don't be so paranoid.

My comment was based on it being a 9-year old 720p Westinghouse. That's all.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
Thanks for the childish name-calling.

My comment on the TV had nothing to do with you. Don't be so paranoid.

My comment was based on it being a 9-year old 720p Westinghouse. That's all.

I didn't call you any names, I said "keep your negative nelly comments to yourself!" key word "negative nelly" which is NOT calling you names, its an old cliche saying that means you're being very pessimistic. Please learn the difference between name calling and cliche usage.
Audiokarma